Perry Ellis International is currently seeking a Merchandise Manager that will be based at our office located in New York, NY. The Merchandise Manager will be responsible for directing the merchandising and product development functions of the Fashion Swim division for branded lines and private brand customers.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with SVP to identify product opportunities.
- Create seasonal merchandising plans for branded lines and private label customers.
- Monitor sample and design placements against the budgets.
- Work with Sourcing on garment pricing.
- Responsible for achieving gross margin targets and re-developing products as necessary to meet goals.
- Work with Design to develop and review new model and trim ideas.
- Pulls together all samples and collateral for customer meetings.
- Work with Graphics to create new packaging concepts and give factory approval of final concepts.
- Follow and execute to the merchandising calendar. Scheduling design and management reviews to stay on target.
- Shop the market for new trends and business opportunities
- Manage Assistant Merchandiser
- College degree in Fashion Merchandising or related field
- Five or more years of merchandising and product development experience
- Strong computer knowledge: Illustrator, Photoshop, Essentus, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Google Apps for Business
- PLM a plus
- Work within a team environment
- Style and SKU management
- Knowledge of/experience within the women’s swimwear market
- Strong organizational, time management, and communication skills
- Knowledge of fabric construction and finishing, and garment construction
See Job Description