Under direction of Retail Service Manager, the Retail Service Merchandiser (RSM) visits new and existing retail locations to merchandise products sold by Core-Mark New England.
Position Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Sets and tags products at new store locations and resets and re-tags existing locations
- Places orders for new store locations
- Delivers product and processes related forms
- Picks up, delivers, and sets up shelving orders and stack units
- Prices selected merchandise
- Prepares credits related to over-stocks and returns
- Places fill-in orders
- Prepares credited items for return to company warehouse
- Maintains adequate levels of inventory in company van and at warehouse locations
- Confers with customers to maintain customer relations; response to a variety of inquiries and requests related to merchandising operations
- Provides other customer service functions in support of product merchandising/Sales efforts
- Maintains vehicle in operating condition and ensures that it is properly stocked
- Drives delivery trucks and loads and unloads inventory
- Prepares reports and records related to merchandising activities
- Recommends new merchandising strategies to assist new and existing locations meet sales objectives
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Duties require in-depth knowledge of merchandising, business and accounting and retail operations equivalent to two to three years of college and two to three years of related merchandising experience
- In-depth product knowledge is required as is working knowledge of retail store operations
- Ability to operate various hand and power tools and to erect shelving and other units in store locations
- Ability to maintain effective customer relations
- Ability to work independently within established time tables and respond to changing project priorities
- Must be computer literate to be able to communicate, research, read/understand computerized plano-grams.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks requiring a high level of organization, judgment and decision making ability is required
- Must have excellent communicate skills (both written and oral) to be able to communicate to customers, co-workers and management.
- Ability to compile and maintain records related to merchandising activities and to prepare reports from such records.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions:
- Frequent periods spent driving in service vehicle
- Frequent periods spent in non-office environments including retail and service establishments
- Occasional periods spent outside requiring exposure to weather conditions
- Frequent periods spent standing and walking with occasional requirements to climb or sustain uncomfortable positions
- Requires ability to lift, carry and position supplies and equipment utilizing proper body techniques and mechanics. Lifting consistently 25 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds.