Merrill Lynch Wealth Management is a leading provider of comprehensive wealth management and investment products and services for individuals, companies, and institutions. Merrill Lynch wealth management is one of the largest businesses of its kind in the world specializing in goals-based wealth management, including planning for retirement, education, legacy, and other life goals through investment advice and guidance.
Merrill Lynch’s financial advisors help clients pursue the life they envision through a one-on-one relationship with an advisor committed to their needs. We believe trust comes from transparency. Our trusted financial advisors are equipped with access to the investment insights of Merrill Lynch coupled with the banking convenience of Bank of America.
The Market Supervision Manager (MSM) reports to the Merrill Lynch Wealth Management Market Executive (MLWM ME) with dual reporting to the Division Supervision Executive (DSE). The MSM is a member of the Market Leadership Team, along with the Client Relationship Manager. The MSM supports the Firm's business objectives and contributes to the Market's profitability by influencing FA business practices in ways that minimize regulatory and financial risk as well as uphold the Firms' reputation. Ultimately, the MSM protects the Firm, grows the business and serves the client by proactively managing and mitigating risk.
The Market Supervision Manager function’s as a member of the market leadership team, responsible for a wide variety of delegated compliance, administrative and business functions related to the MLWM ME's overall managerial responsibilities for parent and associate offices. He or she functions independently, or with minimal guidance, but must keep the MLWM ME informed on significant matters and must determine when the MLWM ME should be directly involved. The Market Supervision Manager supports the company's business objectives and contributes to market profitability by influencing Financial Advisor business practices in ways that minimize regulatory, financial and reputational risks.
Required Skills: "MUST" have these skills to be minimally qualified.
- The ideal candidate is a self-motivated, client centric individual who has:
- Series 7, 66, 9, 10 (or equivalent) Licenses required
- Series 3, 31 licenses, if warranted
- Proven ability to manage risk, make sound decisions by having a deep understanding of industry regulations, supervisory requirements, policies/procedures, wealth management concepts, and financial services products
- Ability to speak in terms of client needs and concerns, and coach financial advisors on aligning solutions to goals in a suitable and controlled way
- A deep appreciation and understanding of our client centric strategy
- Strong interpersonal skills to provide coaching to Financial Advisors to mitigate risk through segmentation, disciplined investment practices, and documentation
- Strong analytical skills with ability to identify trends, root cause and effects, and implement improved processes to mitigate risk
- Demonstrated strong and effective leadership style through clear communication and collaboration with others, making sound decisions with courage and conviction
- Strong time management and organization skills with the ability to prioritize appropriately
- If currently an internal associate, completion of Associate Office Management Team Development program and/or currently a Merrill Lynch Market Supervision Manager required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Workday/Job Code Description
The Market Supervision Manager is a direct report to the Market Executive, with a matrix reporting line to the Division Supervision Executive. These managers are client centric leaders in the organization. They are key partners with clients and Financial Advisors in risk management to ensure risk is appropriately managed. The Market Supervision Manager is an integral member of the Office Management Team (OMT), and is responsible for a variety of supervision, compliance, and risk management functions. Many of these functions are focused on managing risk in client outcomes, partnering with the Director and coaching the Financial Advisor. Their functions are related to the Market Executives overall responsibilities for the branch offices within the Market and are delegated to the Administrative Manager. In addition to their primary functions, the Administrative Manager will partner with and backup the Client Relationship Manager. The Administrative Manager operates with minimal guidance, monitors adherence to policies, acts as the independent voice on risk, supports the company’s business objectives, and contributes to branch office profitability by influencing FA business practices in ways that minimize regulatory, financial and reputational risks. In addition, the Market Supervision Manager partners with the Supervision on many supervisory functions. Collectively, the branch and central supervision teams are responsible for ensuring robust supervision is conducted, and ensuring solutions around client needs and concerns are managed in alignment with client goals.
Posting Date: 04/17/2019
Chicago, IL, 225 W WACKER DR (IL9225),
- United States
Travel: Yes, 5% of the time
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40
Shift: 1st shift