At Hypertherm, we give shape to our customers' vision with the world's leading industrial cutting solutions. Whether it's cutting precision parts in North America, constructing a pipeline in Norway, fabricating agricultural machinery in Brazil, gouging out welds in the mines of South Africa or building a skyscraper in China, they can count on Hypertherm to support their industrial cutting needs. We also are not just employees: we are owners, 100% associate-owners. If after viewing this video, you exclaim "what a great company," we welcome the opportunity to connect with you.
As Metrology Engineer, you will serve as our metrology expert to impact designs and facilitate best practices across multiple areas of our organization. You will utilize your understanding of statistics to guide new product and process development activities and lead the organization in quality and manufacturing improvements.
In this role, you will:
- Partner with design engineers and Model Shop team members to develop a metrology approach in parallel with product development efforts. Proactively addressing opportunities in metrology and manufacturing, including tool selection, design, and operation to improve data quality, enhance design time, and promote manufacturability.
- Serve as a technical authority, trainer, and mentor on the use of conventional and advanced gauging systems. Facilitate improvements and standardization in CMM programming using PC-DMIS, developing standard routines and sub-functions.
- Partner extensively with manufacturing (internal and external) to develop metrology programs, protocols, and standards for early DFI (Design for Inspection) and DFM (Design for Manufacturing).
Sound fascinating? To be considered, do you have a Bachelor's of Science in Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial, or Electrical) and the following:
- Hands-on experience in metrology including programming metrology equipment (PC-DMIS or equivalent)
- Experience selecting and implementing advanced measurement tools (e.g., CMM, motion measurement, surface quality measurement, functional gauge measurement)
- Expert knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T)
- Ability to design and set up fixtures and tooling
- Ability to analyze numerical/statistical data using Excel and Minitab
- Demonstrated expertise resolving challenging measurement issues in an R&D environment
Experience in these additional areas are a big plus:
- American Society for Quality (ASQ) certification
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
- Broad background in manufacturing technologies, electro-mechanical assembly and design
- Knowledge of machining (manual and CNC)
Location: Hanover, New Hampshire. Relocation assistance is available.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Employee Events
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Gym Memberships
- Health Care On Site
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Medical, Dental and Vision