Great Lakes Women’s Business Council
Michigan Women’s Business Center Manager
Full Time Position
Reports to Michelle Richards, Executive Director
Objective: To educate new and existing women entrepreneurs with regard to creating, operating, and promoting their business ventures. Including: understanding their financial statements, growth strategies and certifications programs.
- Provide business development and growth training sessions via workshops and webinars.
- Provide individual and group counseling to existing businesses
- Plan and execute the annual Leadership Institute for Women – on Southeast and West Michigan
- Recruit business owners to special training events of Resource Partners: i.e. 10K Sm Businesses and or SBA Emerging Leaders
- Steer current and/or prospective business owners with any questions or concerns they may have with reference to starting a business to colleagues and resource partners.
- Nominate Great Lakes Women’s Business Council clients through award opportunities with the SBA and Resource Partners
- To maintain and market the Michigan Women’s Marketplace via www.miwomen.com website
- Manage content
- Train new members and assist current members with using the site.
- Review new member information.
- Plan, develop and execute webinars for business owners of different stages throughout the year
- Recruit new partner organizations, maintain applications, add new organizations to the site, train contacts on how to use the site, and add events to the calendar
- Market the website to both potential members and visitors, public speaking and other efforts.
- Monitor and record website traffic.
- Provide evidence through statistics and accomplishment documentation to current funders and potential funders to help generate continued funding for the program.
- Maintain and prepare any documentation required by U.S. Small Business Administration and Office of Women’s Business Ownership (OWBO)
- Attend monthly conference calls for OWBO
- Attend annual OWBO’s WBC conference
- Participate with SBA Resource Partners events that may include:
- Exhibit at Business Trade Show
- Be part of panel discussion
- Present program services at meetings
- Maintain confidential electronic filing system to include:
- Client contact information
- Client evaluations
- Other administrative files as needed.
- Report training and counseling data into SBA EDMIS System online.
- Assist where needed in the office for special events, conferences, orientations, etc.
- Promote Great Lakes Women’s Business Council events
- Attend weekly staff meetings and regular supervisory meetings.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Excellent Communications skills (both written and verbal)
- Prior entrepreneurial experience or business counseling/training experience required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Creative Thinker
- Proficient in Microsoft Small Business Office Suite
- Self-starter, able to work independently, meets deadlines
- Works well with others – team player
- Encourager and motivator
- Strong public speaking skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Business and marketing experience
- Some overnight travel required
- Must have reliable transportation and driver’s license