Job Title: Microbiologist
Duration: 09+ months
Location: Lititz, PA
- Detailed Job Description: Quality Control Microbiology Scientist I
- The Quality Control (QC) Microbiology Scientist I, under supervision, will:
- Perform a variety of microbiological tests of raw materials, in-process materials and finished products to assess conformance to applicable standards.
- This position may include testing of raw materials and finished products for microbial quality using standard operating procedures.
- Be responsible for the collection of USP Purified Water and environmental monitoring samples for facility assessment and monitoring of sanitary practices within the plant.
- This position routinely samples USP Purified Water and collects air samples and equipment swabs in a production environment.
- Routinely test USP Purified Water, air samples and equipment surface swabs using standard operating procedures, and interpret and report results.
- Receive supplies and prepare media and buffers.
- Perform routinely scheduled cleaning and housekeeping tasks.
- Maintain records in accordance with written and cGMP requirements.
- Perform microscopic evaluations and Gram stains.
- Perform microorganism identifications from validated diagnostic system.
- Prepare and maintain microbial cultures used for testing.
- Record results of testing in laboratory workbooks, directly on report forms or into the laboratory computer system, making standard calculations as required to obtain final results.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Windows Office, especially Outlook, Word and Excel
- Participate in the investigation of questionable or our-of-specification test results.
- Communicate information to supervisor in a timely manner and perform other tasks as assigned by Supervisor.
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- A focused degree in Microbiology, Chemistry, Biology, Natural Science, Medical Technology, or related science is preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of GMP/GLP quality control lab experience in a pharmaceutical, OTC, medical device and/or regulated environment is preferred.
- Experience with environmental monitoring, sampling and testing is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of USP methods is preferred. Basic knowledge/exposure of a LIMS, ERP system is preferred.