This role will have you arranging domestic and complex international travel for busy executives including air, car hotel and ground transportation.
- Must have GDS experience
- Corporate Travel experience required
Before you begin your role, you will spend one to two weeks (paid) training in the local FCM Travel Solutions office. Once you have completed your training at our local FCM office, our new hires participate in a week of comprehensive classroom style (paid) training at our headquarters in Montvale, NJ. This program will boost your knowledge, train you on contract airfares and sharpen your Sabre skills. Our corporate travel agents handle the air, car, rail and ground transportation bookings as well as the ticketing, changes and the exchanges, our Learning Curve Training Program will help to prepare you with the necessary skills to be successful.
You will also need to offer exceptional customer service to satisfy our C-Level, VIP Travelers, business traveler’s needs. We encourage our Corporate Travel Agents to study the travel polices of our corporate accounts and develop a relationship with them so, essentially, when our valued business travelers have the need for business travel arrangements, they rest assured that their business travel needs are in the hands of a dedicated team of Corporate Travel professionals they trust and are on a first name basis with.
FCM is looking for an Onsite Travel Consultant for a dedicated client at an onsite location in Milpitas CA. The ideal candidate would have a demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, exciting, and growing organization. This role requires knowledge in international faring; 60% of work time will be spent on international travel requests. You will have superior attention to detail and the ability to meet tight deadlines and multiple requests. This is an ideal role for someone who is passionate about continuous improvement and effectiveness in a rapidly evolving organization. Most important is a desire to be a part of a team, a desire to serve, and an enthusiasm and energy about the role.
- Book international reservations for air travel, hotel and car rentals
- Develop maintain business relationship through regular contact, communication and office visits
- Act as a liaison between CTM and the Global ARM Travel Manager
- Represent CTM on all conflict resolution issues and manage change
- Responds to requests for international price quotations utilizing automated system(s) for domestic and International itineraries; queues to rate desk when appropriate
- Promotes the acceptance of fares, rates, and suppliers that match the client’s travel program policies and negotiated contracts
What You Will Need:
- Minimum of 5 + years active Travel Consultant experience in the past 2 years
- Minimum of 5+ year’s international experience
- Thorough knowledge of the travel industry, fares and international markets
- Proficiency on Sabre GDS system
- Knowledge of international faring and ticketing procedures
- Demonstrated professional customer service skills and impeccable business acumen
- High attention to detail
- Geography and international destination knowledge is necessary
- Demonstrated internet research skills for customer
- Must have the ability to effectively multi-task while maintaining professional rapport with corporate clients
- Candidates should possess decisive and successful problem solving skills
- Strong written communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Must be able to come to work promptly and regularly
- Must be able to take direction and work well in a team atmosphere as well as independently in the absence of supervision
- Must be able to meet strict deadlines
What You Will Gain:
- Discounted travel and fantastic incentives from the world's top travel providers
- Industry renowned social events and excellent company culture
- Exceptional career progression with opportunities across the globe
- Fast-track leadership program to develop the future leaders of our business
- Comprehensive leadership training career path support with business, product and leadership training
- Free and confidential financial advice from our in-house health, wellness and financial advisors
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, life insurance, and stock options.
Location: Milpitas, CA
FCTG USA is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer searching for talented people who have a desire to build a rewarding, fun, and exciting career with a company that loves to celebrate your success!