Microsoft Database Administrator-with SSIS/SSRS
**This role is based out of our Westbury, NY or Tinton Falls, NJ office.
*US Citizens or GC Holders only
About this Role:
This is a prime opportunity for someone who thrives to build, maintain, optimize, sustain and harden the database and enterprise data warehouse (EDW) ecosystem. In this role you can combine your exceptional technical knowledge with your passion for learning and using the latest tools and technologies. This is a challenging opportunity to join an innovative, hard-working team that powers the Company’s technology. We constantly push ourselves to be innovative and are looking for individuals who do the same.
- Extensive knowledge of administration, high availability, backup and restore of MS SQL databases.
- Design, Build, Implement, Monitor and Maintain Database health and performance.
- Define database security, physical layout and Database functional capabilities.
- Maintain and troubleshoot Database performance by calculating optimum values for database parameters; implementing new releases; completing maintenance requirements; evaluating computer operating systems and hardware products.
- Proactively and reactively resolve database performance and capacity issues, including managing indexes, SQL trace data, audits, and alerting
- Automate routine tasks, alert responses using PowerShell, SQL, .NET, or other tools
- Analyze query execution plans and advise developers on best practices for database code
- Collaborate with development, QA, and business teams as necessary
- Manage and support team members for requests with Integration Services (SSIS) or Reporting Services (SSRS) and other data ETL tools.
- Prior experience with Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Knowledge of/experience with High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for SQL Server.
- Experience working with large databases is a plus.
- Understanding of Windows Server (2008 - 2016) configuration and management, specifically as it relates to MS SQL Server installations and mission critical systems.
- Excellent understanding of coding with Microsoft T-SQL and stored procedures.
- Excellent work ethic and willingness to put in extra time as needed.
- Bachelor's or in Computer Science or relevant certification.
- Thrive on solving complex problems and creating high quality, high availability solutions.
- A passion for learning and using the latest tools and technologies.
- A talent for describing, documenting and communicating around technical problems, solutions, implementations and systems.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Effective time management and prioritization skills.
Technical Skills Desired:
Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in relevant Microsoft tools and technologies, including:
- SQL Server 2008R2 / 2012 / 2014 / 2016
- SQL Server on virtual environments (VMware, etc.)
- SQL Server always-on with Windows Cluster.