Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life-cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in. www.woodplc.com
We offer competitive salaries along with a complete benefits package including: medical, vision, & dental coverage, 401K Matching, Educational Reimbursement, and a variety of Training and Development Programs to help you develop the skills you need to succeed in your chosen career path.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking a Mid to Senior Level Industrial Wastewater Engineer to join our engineering design team in Helena, MT. The successful candidate would take the lead role in the design of water treatment, wastewater treatment, and industrial water treatment projects. We offer the opportunity to work on challenging complex projects in the industrial, chemical and power industries. Familiarity with advanced treatment technology such as reverse osmosis, ion exchange, evaporation and related technologies is a plus.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to work with an established consulting firm that values its employee’s enthusiasm and technical contributions, we encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career.
- Prepare engineering feasibility studies and reports of water treatment options
- Provide technical leadership and review work completed by junior staff for industrial water projects
- Participate in project coordination with the electrical, structural, process, instrumentation and architectural disciplines across Wood offices in the US and Canada
- Will assist with the preparation and review for plans and specifications for bidding and construction of new facilities
- Will prepare and participate in bench and pilot scale test work
- Observe and document budgets and schedules for multiple simultaneous projects
- Take the lead in the development of the technical approach/engineering in preparation for project planning including developing work scope, task-level budgets and cost estimates; May perform calculations, gather or review information or prepare standard sections of proposals
- Will travel to project sites in MT, the US and Canada - Approximately 15% overnight travel
- Follow company safety standards, site safety standards and provide all required permitting
Skills / Qualifications
- BS in Chemical Engineering, Civil and/or Environmental Engineering or related engineering discipline.
- Registered PE is a plus
- 5 - 15 + years of water treatment design experience
- .Must be a self-starter with demonstrated ability to solve complex problems
- Strong oral and written communication skills; Good writing skills are essential
- Team player. Able to work with team members across various Wood offices
- Ability to communicate with clients and maintain successful client relations
- Demonstrated ability to manage budget, schedule and engineering teams
- Our ideal candidate has consulting industry experience
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and/or MicroStation is desired but not required
- Construction oversight experience is a plus
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites in MT, the US and Canada - Approximately 15% overnight travel
- Must pass drug screen, background check, and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company’s driving (MVR) policy
If you believe you have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.