Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life-cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in. www.woodplc.com
We offer competitive salaries along with a complete benefits package including: medical, vision, & dental coverage, 401K Matching, Educational Reimbursement, and a variety of Training and Development Programs to help you develop the skills you need to succeed in your chosen career path.
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions, Inc. (Wood) is seeking a Water Resources/Drainage Engineer to join our Transportation Group in Chicago, IL. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and able to work on projects involving multidisciplinary teams. The position is in support of project assignments related to drainage engineering, stormwater management, and surface water modeling for transportation/traffic, site development, and water/wastewater infrastructure.
- Work on simple and complex hydrologic, hydraulic, infrastructure and water resources designs and analyses
- Oversee and conduct the collection, management, evaluation and interpretation of data from the natural and built environment
- Design, develop, calibrate, apply and document hydrologic and hydraulic models to analyze river systems, storm water systems, wastewater systems, dams, levees, bridges and culverts primarily for transportation projects
- Prepare technical reports that summarize analyses and recommendations
- Prepare design documents and construction drawings for civil engineering projects
- Coordinate and manage water resources, utility design and/or storm water management projects
- Work collaboratively with other Wood offices, clients, environmental regulators on project related work
- Work with our team to identify and develop hydrologic and hydraulic business opportunities including Flood Control, Storm Water Management, Natural Stream Restoration, Wastewater Collection / Management and Sustainable Green Infrastructure
- Coordinate with project management teams and other discipline leads to manage project deliverables, ensuring schedule and budget are achieve
- Assist in proposal preparation including innovative technical approaches and competitive pricing
- Prepare and perform client presentations
- Follow Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Policies, Procedures, Standards and Guidelines in the execution of all work
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science or Master of Science in Civil, Environmental, Water Resources, or related engineering degree
- Illinois Professional Engineer
- 7 + years relevant engineering experience (10 + preferred)
- Demonstrated experience in task management including budget, schedule and deliverable performance
- Demonstrated experience working with state agencies, municipalities, water utilities and other water agencies
- Degree coursework focused on Hydrology and Hydraulics, Fluvial Geomorphology, River Morphology, Watershed Management, and Stream Restoration
- Experience in Hydraulic Engineering, FEMA studies including LOMR / CLOMR; Natural Channel Design, Stormwater Management, Stream Stabilization, Bridge Scour, and Hydraulic Design (Levee / Dam Breach, 2D/3D Hydrodynamic Modeling, and Programming is a plus)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and technical writing experience is mandatory
- Proficiency with HEC-1, HEC-2, HEC-RAS, HEC-HMS, TR-20 and SWMM models, Excel, Word, PowerPoint required
- Experience with ARC-GIS, MicroStation, AutoCAD Civil 3D, a plus
- Must pass drug test, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy
- Knowledge of Illinois and Chicago, six county area stormwater policy and associated regulatory permitting
If you believe you have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.
By submitting your resume, you consent to Wood plc sharing this information within its divisions in order to identify other employment opportunities for which you may be suitable.