Our client is seeking a Mobile Gaming Software Engineer in the southwest part of the bay area.
The most important skills for this role are: c++, Mobile development, and experience working on/with games that would be considered "live games"
This role will be part of a small, collaborative team of talented developers. You will design and develop the technology for: gameplay features, front-end UI, and framework-level systems in an exciting new mobile game. As a Software Engineer you will work as part of a game team on a variety of game features, core systems, and tools.
· Work with designers, server engineers, and production teams to design, develop, deliver, and improve ultra-fast, reusable, extensible game systems.
· Invent and improve content authoring workflows for artists and designers
· Monitor the performance and stability of the client to drive continuous improvement
· Uphold high quality standards through technical guidance, leadership, and mentoring
· Develop new features as part of a continuous live service
· 4+ years of professional C++, C#, Java, and/or Objective-C software development
· Experience with both Object-Oriented Programming and component-based development
· Understanding of stable change management practices in a live service environment
· BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
· Experience with iOS and/or Android development
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Knowledge of the following is also beneficial: LUA, Protobuf
· Specialization in any of the following: AI, pathfinding, front-end UI, online gameplay
· A love for making and playing games