Title: Mobile Tester
Location: Irvine, CA
Duration: 6 Months (With possible extension) Only On W2
Develops and maintains test scenarios and end user test scripts to verify new functionality performs as designed and meets customer needs
- Thoroughly tests software to ensure proper operations, documents all problems and works to resolve them
- Responsible for insuring software releases and documentation meet requirements, are installed correctly, and execute with quality
- Responsible for creating and executing regression testing, test plans, and performing the builds of applications
- Assemble and build software projects and installation packages - Communicate with customers regarding installation issues and software defects
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience preferred Experience of reporting tools / reports testing
- Crystal Reports, Business Object. Telecom business knowledge.
1-5 years of experience
Sys Spec-IT Qual Assurance
This position is responsible for coordinating the UAT lifecycle of all Telecommunication Internet impacting enhancements and changes.
This job is responsible for leading a team of tester to support the business driven initiatives and creation of all test materials including test cases, automated test scripts, test data, defect management, issue resolution, production implementation, and resource management.
1.) UAT Planning
- Involvement in requirements analysis for all Telecommunication Digital Ops initiatives impacting the Mobile, Tablet, and Desktop Platforms.
- Partner with DO FED and Release Management to offer technical expertise on overall system functionality in the current state as well as direction on future enhancements
- Training and mentoring resources to ensure they are up to date with the changing environment, technology, and best practices for testing.
- Planning for daily releases, resource allocation for large number of initiatives and adapting to aggressive timelines.
- Utilization of Plutora test management tool for Test Case storage, allocation and defect logging and management
2.) UAT Execution and Implementation
- Responsible for leading the team to support a range of initiatives such as Promotions, device launches and holiday portal.
- Facilitate status calls and web demos to stakeholders to review projects and functionality prior to testing
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends to support testing efforts and meet deadlines
- Partnership with Dev and release management leads in working through issues/defects and resolution
- Responsible for overall team testing completion and metrics analysis, as well as status readouts to upper management
- Ensure testing is completed within established time and that objectives conform to the user requirements and needs of the business
- Responsible for overall product delivery and approval/sign off
- Responsible for Release Production Testing, Implementation and Launch support as well as Warranty issue tracking
3.) Project Management
- Strategize for large initiatives during the holidays to ensure resources, training, and test plan are in place
- Maintain communication with management, testers, release management and Stakeholders on project status
-Work closely with business sponsors to identify the best practices for optimal customer experience
- Provide input to and shape UAT management processes in alignment with industry best practices
- Responsible for providing analysis and metrics for projects and overall release on an ongoing basis
• BS degree in Computer Science or Marketing or Business or equivalent work experience
• 3-5 years related experience in Mobile App, Mobile Web testing
• Must have strong experience testing with IOS and Android OS.
• 3-5 years Wireless/Channel experience
• Working knowledge / Experience of UAT processes
• Ability to work under pressure on multiple assignments with strong attention to detail
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Detail oriented
• Ability to conduct meetings, evaluate issues, provide solutions and drive aggressive timelines
• Scheduling flexibility required to meet UAT deadlines – off hour and weekend testing and support
• Microsoft Office tools proficiency
• Strong Decision-making and leadership abilities
• Excellent organizational and problem solving abilities
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Ability to write clear, concise reports and strong ability to orally communicate effectively.
• Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential
• Can conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
• Experience with JIRA
Automation testing tools skills preferable (Selenium, QTP)
Title: Mobile Tester