At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking a Molecular Beam Epitaxy Engineer 3 to work in Redondo Beach, California.
This Molecular Beam Epitaxy Engineer 3 will support the research and development of advanced semiconductor materials for the Northrop Grumman Microelectronics Department. The candidate will be responsible for leading the development of robust, manufacturable growth processes for III-V-based semiconductors. Tasks will include optimizing GaN-based material quality and processes using molecular beam epitaxy. Other responsibilities will include leading the development of novel semiconductor materials for use in microelectronics and interacting with government and commercial customers.
- Semiconductor physics and thin film characterization techniques
- Operation and maintenance of a molecular beam epitaxy growth system
- Device processing: electronic devices including HEMTs and HBTs
- Bachelors of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and5 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment OR
- Masters of Science degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution and3 years of engineering experience in an aerospace environment OR
- Ph.D in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) field from an accredited institution
- Practical working experience with molecular beam epitaxy
- Technical experience with the development of advanced semiconductor materials
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Ph.D in Materials Science, Electrical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or Physics
- Possesses strong leadership qualities, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of semiconductor physics
- Knowledge of thin film characterization techniques
- Experience with operation and maintenance of a molecular beam epitaxy growth system
- Experience with device processing, electronic devices including HEMTs and HBTs
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.