Primary Objective of Position
Strata Oncology is seeking a full time Molecular Medical Technologist to be part of our CLIA laboratory team (day shift) based in Ann Arbor, MI. The ideal candidate possesses a working knowledge of molecular biology with experience in the performance and application of techniques used in clinical molecular diagnostic testing including DNA and RNA isolation from Formalin Fixed Paraffin Embedded tissue, next generation sequencing library preparation, template preparation and sequencing (preferably with Ion Torrent instrumentation). Experience in high throughput settings including familiarity with liquid handlers and troubleshooting is desirable. The applicant should be knowledgeable regarding general molecular diagnostic laboratory techniques and general assay validation and quality control/quality assurance.
In addition to the above, the individual will be expected to maintain equipment and records, perform quality control and quality assurance activities, participate in the evaluation of new procedures and equipment, work efficiently in a computerized environment, assist with the functions required to maintain the smooth operation of the company such as clerical duties, reagent preparation, and inventory control, and write and revise technical procedures.
- Performing all steps of high complexity generation sequencing based tumor profiling according to CLIA, CAP, and other relevant regulatory agency standards
- Assisting with drafting of laboratory standard operating procedures
- Assisting in optimization of laboratory operations to ensure continuous improvement, safety and optimal streamlined processes
- Training in all aspects of Strata laboratory operations
- Participation in all quality assurance, quality control and competency assessment programs
- Participation in CLIA validation of Strata testing
- Ensuring the long-term preservation and organization of all samples
- Assisting in lab and equipment maintenance, supply ordering and inventory control as needed
- Maintaining log sheets/records and tracking patient samples
- Assisting in sample accessing as needed
- Ensuring that all laboratory work is CAP and CLIA compliant; Ensuring compliance with other regulatory agencies as required
- Assisting with site matters as requested
- Analyzing specimen according to defined SOP
- Recording all instrument and QC problems in the log as a means of communication with other technologists
- Adhering to all safety and OSHA policies and procedures
- Maintaining a professional appearance and interacting effectively to build respectful relationships with coworkers, supervisor and other personnel.
- Responding positively to change and willingness to learn new ways to accomplish work.
- Communicating effectively to enhance productivity, build respect, and seek constructive approaches to resolving workplace issues.
Education & Professional Experience Required
- Medical Technologist (ASCP) or Technologist in Molecular Biology (ASCP)
- Candidate should have a B.S. in a basic science (biology, chemistry, clinical laboratory science)
- 2-3 years of experience in a clinical laboratory