Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc., a national wholesale mortgage company headquartered in San Diego, California, has a full-time opportunity for a Closer with our Boston, Massachusetts Wholesale Branch.
Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc. was originally founded in December of 2000 to serve the San Diego area mortgage market. Due to our growth and success, we now have branches throughout the United States and we are continuing to grow and expand in anticipation of market demands. Plaza is privately owned and operates as a full-service Mortgage Banker.
Plaza’s mission is to become the premier provider of mortgage loans by developing a distinct, sustainable competitive advantage through superior execution of a business philosophy that combines knowledge, technology, and service. Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc. is dedicated to building long-term relationships with both customers and employees through quality training, and excellent customer support.
Our ideal candidate should be hardworking and maintain high levels of professionalism and ethics.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF JOB AND CONTRIBUTION TO ORGANIZATION:
This position is responsible for the coordination of loan closings, the preparation of closing packages, including insurance of funds. *This position is dedicated to non-escrow states.
ESSENTIAL TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must comply with all BSA/AML requirements as well as any mandatory changes. The following job functions are not all-inclusive. The associate will be required to perform other job-related tasks/responsibilities requested by the manager. Job duties may change as required by needs of company. Must complete all required industry and compliance training as required by Plaza Home Mortgage.
- Manage a pipeline for loans that are cleared-to-close and ready for closing documents to be prepared; oversee Docs Out to confirm loans closed and when package will be returned; review loans in Docs Back status to ensure that post-closing package is shipped.
- Closely examine all information pertaining to fees, rates, property information, vesting, etc. in loan file to ensure accuracy prior to drawing documents.
- Verify Fee Sheets and Doc Order requests.
- Look over all third-party invoices confirming they match those fees displayed on the final HUD.
- Review FraudGuard for any MERS updated information and third-party alerts. If new, third- parties entered into the LOS, re-run FraudGuard.
- Ensure that all Prior to Doc conditions have been reviewed and signed off by Underwriter.
- Check title report for correct endorsements and approved items, and to verify that Borrower and property are correct.
- Complete all required worksheets and checklists including Hazard Worksheet, Tax Worksheet, and closing checklist.
- Conduct compliance review of GFE, TILA and Compliance Ease, and validate that the loan passes all federal and state rules.
- Coordinate and schedule loan closing.
- Verify pricing is in compliance with Plaza’s closing manual.
- Prepare all closing documents and funding figures and send to Settlement Agent.
- Notify appropriate parties when documents are ready.
- Validate estimated HUD-1 for all compliance requirements, if applicable.
- Run a ‘tape’ to verify that the wire is correct and the loan balances. Double check all fees for accuracy.
- Review final funding conditions provided to determine requirements are met and either sign off or recondition, if not satisfactory.
- When all conditions are met and Settlement Agent is ready to fund, update: conditions, interest, funding date, wire info and impounds. Check fees for accuracy, and request wires.
- Confirm loans closed and funded with Settlement Agent. Ensure that proper fees are collected and that funding figures are calculated correctly.
- Post closing and index closing packages.
- Review final HUD-1 for all compliance requirements. If fees change, rerun Compliance test.
- Assess file for completeness and accuracy to ensure compliance with government and company requirements.
- Prepare collateral package to be shipped to warehouse bank per daily instructions.
- Send follow-up documentation to corporate departments.
- Perform related duties as directed by Regional Vice President or direct supervisor.
- Help Regional Vice President and Underwriting as required.
- Ensure all loans close and fund in adherence to all of Plaza’s Policy & Procedures and are in compliance with all State and Federal regulations.
- Examine other Closers’ loan documents and fund files as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; College degree preferred
- Knowledge of mortgage banking industry and closing loans required
- Understanding of state and federal regulations for loan closings
- Demonstrated skill in monitoring and overseeing loan production pipeline
- Experience with Loan Origination Systems (LOS) such as Calyx Point and Ellie Mae
- Skilled in Document Preparation Software, such as DocuTech or DocMagic
- Proficiency with computer systems including MS Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook), Internet Browsers, and email functions required
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to efficiently and consistently produce accurate work
- Solid organizational and problem-solving skills
- Capability of multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment with heavy volume of transactions
- Proven aptitude to work in both a team and individual environment
- Sound judgment skills to make quick decisions within written policy and standard operating procedures essential
- Achievement Orientation
- Attention to Detail
- Client Focus
- Gathering and Processing
- Interactive Communication
- Planning and Organizing
- Problem Solving
- Results Management
- Team Work
- Using IT
Plaza offers a great work environment. Plaza is an EEOC employer and follows all federal, state, and local laws relating to fair employment.
Plaza Home Mortgage, Inc. is committed to preventing, stopping and remedying all forms of discrimination that occur in its workplace. Managers are accountable for keeping Plaza’s workplace free from discrimination and ensuring that Plaza provides equal employment opportunity for all in the workforce and for those seeking to become members of Plaza’s workforce.
Plaza’s employees are protected by laws designed to protect employees from discrimination on the bases of race, religion, color, sex, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or any other non-merit based factor. These protections extend to all management practices and decisions, including recruitment and hiring practices, appraisal systems, promotions, and training and career development programs. Plaza’s employees are also protected against retaliation if they engage in a protected activity, whistleblowing, or the exercise of any appeal or grievance right provided by law.