E Mortgage Management, LLC is seeking a full time Underwriter. Our Corporate Headquarters is located in Cherry Hill, New Jersey but remote candidates are welcome to apply. The individual will not only be required to have the technical skills to support this role, but the ability to multi-task and manage multiple loans at once. Effective communication skills and a commitment to providing excellent customer service is a priority.
- Manage individual pipeline, productivity and efficiency via reporting, system reviews, and underwriting queues.
- Handle escalations from external and internal parties that require resolution.
- Review and analyze documentation provided on each loan including the 1003, credit report, income and asset documentation, purchase agreement, title report, etc. to make an informed lending decision in compliance with EMM lending guidelines.
- Render a lending decision within assigned lending authority in compliance with established underwriting guidelines and all state and federal reporting guidelines.
- Ability to restructure loans recommended for denial and present counter-offer which fully complies with guidelines at an acceptable level of risk.
- Perform an appraisal review to ensure the collateral is acceptable and meets established guidelines.
- Review and render decisions on properties that require project approval.
- Have the ability to review/sign off on title and flood/homeowner’s insurance.
- Ensure that all activities meet and exceed regulatory requirements in accordance with Investor, State and or Federal guidelines.
- Keep up to date with any State, Federal, and Agency regulation changes as well as internal company policies and procedures.
- Effectively communicate all decisions and any required conditions to the Broker, Account Manager or other interested parties.
- Respond to all inquiries in a timely manner as established by company service levels.
- Consistently meet or exceed established minimum productivity levels as determined and required by management for both underwriting of files and condition management
- Ensure data integrity throughout the process
- Minimum of 10 years underwriting experience; with knowledge of guidelines for Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, HARP, FHA and VA, USDA and Non-Agency Jumbo guidelines
- FHA DE certified underwriter
- VA SAR/LAPP certified underwriter
- EMM requires an active CHUMS # for a DE Underwriter
- Maintains a comprehensive knowledge of Residential Mortgage Credit and Collateral Underwriting
- Working knowledge of DU, LP and GUS automated underwriting systems
- Analysis of credit reports, bank statements, income documentation and appraisal documents for program compliance
- Working knowledge of Encompass is a plus but not required
E Mortgage Management is proud to offer a wide range of benefits and a very competitive salary. Eligible employees can participate in the following benefits.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Company paid Life Insurance and LTD!
- PTO plan
- 401K plan with an employer match
- And more!
*All positions are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check.
E Mortgage Management is an equal opportunity employer.
NMLS #2926 / NMLS consumer access website: www.nmlsconsumeraccess.org