DUTIES include but are not limited to:
- Performs work as outlined on repair order with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and manufacturer standards.
- Diagnoses cause of most malfunctions and performs repair.
- Communicates with Parts Department to obtain needed parts.
- Examines assigned motorcycle to determine if further safety or service work is required or recommended.
- Communicates with Service Advisor immediately if additional work is needed, if work outlined is not needed, or if repairs cannot be completed within the promises time.
- Documents all work performed and recommended on the repair order.
- Road tests motorcycles when required or refers to the test technician.
- Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner.
- Reports any safety issues immediately to Management.
MARGINAL DUTIES include but are not limited to:
- Participates in manufacturer-sponsored training programs, schools, and events.
- Reports machinery defects or malfunctions to supervisor.
- Keeps shop area neat and clean.
- Maintains professional appearance.
- Maintains and is accountable for all dealership-owned tools and manuals. Returns them to the proper place and in the same condition as they were received.
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to
- Arrives to work on time and ready to work.
- Follows instructions from a supervisor.
- Interacts effectively with co-workers.
- Understands and follows work rules and procedures.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Technical Certification (Preferred but not required)
- 1-2 years pertinent experience