The Multifamily Project Manager creates and executes project work plans and makes appropriate revisions to meet changing needs for the building and construction of various apartment projects
Responsible for ensuring that construction activities move according to predetermined schedule and project profitability forecast, monitoring the progress of construction activities on a regular basis and holding regular status meetings.
This company is one of the leading integrated residential developers in the Los Angeles with regional offices throughout SoCal. Our client is building a team to develop and build 3 luxury apartments set to break ground in 2018. The Multifamily Project Manager will be an integral part of these projects in addition to all future work 2019 and beyond.
* Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities.
* Manages day-to-day operation aspects of a project and scope.
* Manages/executes estimating and pricing aspects of projects, including creating realistic and comprehensive estimates and executing change pricing as needed
* Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to client.
* Prepares for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures.
* Ensures project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
* Develops cost-effective plans and schedules for completion of projects following a logical pattern for utilization of resources.
*Selects and coordinates work of subcontractors working on various phases of the project.
* Oversees performance of all trade contractors and reviews architectural and engineering drawings to ensure that all specifications and regulations are being followed.
* Is responsible for proper administration of construction contracts and for obtaining all necessary permits and licenses.
* Supervises assistant managers, reviews their reports, checks on any reported difficulties, and corrects any safety violations or other reported deficiencies.
* Identifies the elements of project design and construction likely to give rise to disputes and claims.
- The ideal Multifamily Project Manager MUST have a strong track record of successful building and construction of all aspects of Multifamily construction of Type III and V buildings in Garden Style, Wrap, and Podium variants in Los Angeles.
- Successful completion of a four-year degree program in construction management or construction science.
- Five years or more of experience assisting or supervising construction projects of increasing complexity.
- Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency.
- Previous experience with and ability to develop accurate project estimates and pricing reports
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Industry Leading base salary in the Los Angeles area.
- Project and performance based bonuses
- Full health coverage with extensive family options
- 12 days PTO to start + 10 paid company holidays
- Opportunity for accelerated professional development and mentoring