Sanmina Corporation (Nasdaq: SANM) is a leading integrated manufacturing solutions provider serving the fastest-growing segments of the global Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS) market. Recognized as a technology leader, Sanmina Corporation provides end-to-end manufacturing solutions, delivering superior quality and support to Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) primarily in the communications networks, defense and aerospace, industrial and semiconductor systems, medical, multimedia, computing and storage, automotive and clean technology sectors. Sanmina Corporation has facilities strategically located in key regions throughout the world.
The Sanmina Fremont facility is a full-service enclosure systems solution manufacturing plant. Located in California’s Silicon Valley, this facility produces low-to-mid volume New Product Introduction (NPI) runs to full-scale volume. The Fremont facility offers everything from small piece parts to fully integrated and tested systems. In addition, this location offers in-house painting capabilities and flexible logistics solutions in distribution, inventory management and hubbing, as well as repair services.
The NC Set-Up Operator to work primarily with NC/CNC lathes, manual lathes and other metal machining equipment. Must be able to interpret instructions from route sheets and verbal communications to set up and operate numerically controlled machines to produce quality parts to correct specifications.
Nature of Duties/Responsibilities:
- Review prints and drawings for special instructions such as sheet size and blank size prior to starting the job.
- Inspect work received from the previous operation and inspect again before moving work to the next operation.
- Download program and set up the NC with the appropriate tooling for the job.
- Punch sheared blanks on the NC punch press.
- These positions may include shaking parts, deburring edges and / or other machine cross-training functions.
- Ability to interpret and make changes to machine programs.
- Must meet and maintain any tolerances required.
- Ability to set-up CNC machines with proper tooling jaws and fixtures in a safe and timely manner.
- Ability to use all types of measuring instruments and various hand tools.
- Ability to train other operators in the N/C if applicable.
- Maintains quality and quantity standards.
- May be required to rotate to other job functions within the same labor grade as directed by their supervisor.
- Keeps work area clean and orderly and maintains proper care of equipment.
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned by their supervisor.
Education and Experience:
- Requires a minimum of 2 years related experience
- A high school diploma or equivalent preferred along with;
- Experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably a metal punch/press environment
- Experience in mechanical press equipment to shape materials
- Experience in blanking, bending, punching, forming, etc., on a variety of materials, based on blueprints and other instructions
- Moderate lifting (11-35 lbs.), moderate lifting/pushing (11-35 lbs.)
- Regularly required to stand, reach, bend and move/walk throughout the facility
- Regularly required to listen, talk to, and see co-workers and managers on a daily basis
This is an ITAR facility and applicant must be a US Citizen or a lawful permanent resident.
Sanmina is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity