Versar is seeking a mid-level NEPA Specialist with strong technical skills to support the preparation of EISs and EAs for complex and often controversial projects nationwide. Projects involve construction, resource planning, energy, transportation, and other infrastructure projects and programs largely in support of the Department of Defense (DoD). The position is organized under Versar?s Environmental Services Group (ESG) and while ability to report to a Columbia MD, Springfield VA, Newport News VA, or Richardson TX office location is preferred, it is not required.
- Analysis/review of technical studies, compliance reports, permit applications, NEPA documents, and similar reports/documents.
- DOPAA preparation, as well as environmental baseline and impacts preparation for various resource areas (e.g., safety, air quality, hazardous waste, socioeconomics, environmental justice, infrastructure water resources).
- Implementation of QA/QC procedures.
- Deputy Project Management. Work with Senior Program and Project Managers to support project management, facilitate calls, prepare agendas, manage project budget and schedules.
- BS degree in environmental science, engineering, planning, or related field required.
- 5+ years technical and/or field experience in complex environmental planning projects which involve NEPA; experience with: DoD (specifically Air Force and Navy) a plus.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite.
- Technical and/or field experience with environmental impact issues, associated permit processes and documentation preparation/review are a must.
- Public participation, agency coordination, planning, and programming experience a plus (but not required).
- Excellent communication skills, as well as strong conceptual, organizational, problem solving and research abilities.
- Ability to work collaboratively with team members and clients and show demonstrated expertise in managing several complex tasks simultaneously.
- Detail-oriented, organized, and team player with a strong focus on quality and client service.
- Client management skills with Navy, Air Force, BLM, Army, Coast Guard, US Customs and Border Protection, or other related agencies preferred.
- U.S. Citizenship or ability to obtain DOD security clearance and/or a Common Access Card (CAC).
- Valid driver's license and compliance with Versar?s vehicle policy is required.
- This position is subject to a pre-employment drug test as well as drug and alcohol testing during the course of your employment based upon Versar?s Drug Testing and Drug Free Workplace Policy.