At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking a .NET Framework and Microsoft Visual Studio Developer (Software Development Analyst 5) to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in transforming the future of Aerospace technology. This position will be located in Melbourne, FL and will become part of Northrop Grumman's team that develops applications needed by Systems Engineering, Engineering Design and Manufacturing Engineering Integrated Product Teams.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The qualified applicant will be involved in all phases of software development life cycle (SDLC), from requirements gathering, analysis and design, development, testing, implementation, and production support. In addition to performing software development, the Developer will be supporting development efforts and performing software development functions in a small project setting.
Design, create and maintain a source control system for database scripts and applications
Modify/support legacy code as well as create new applications. These actions require agile development focusing on user experience development, system design, and system analysis, including interactions with scientists, end users, other developers, external partners, and management to determine system parameters and requirements in order to identify and transfer user needs into product development.
Development of .NET applications
Perform unit testing
Involved in planning of system and development deployment as well as responsible for performing analysis to identify if applications meet software compliance standards
Design and Analysis Engineering team support
Manufacturing Engineering and Production Support
Regularly communicates and coordinates with IT and Data Management staff via teleconference and/or in-person, i.e. weekly meeting.
Develop and support ongoing documentation efforts
* Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and12+ years of database architecture experience OR
Master's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and9+ years of system engineering experience
14+ years' experience in software development using the following tools and operating environments: C#, .NET Framework, Microsoft Visual Studio, SharePoint, Unit Testing, Agile, User Stories and Tasks, Product Backlog Items
* 14+ years of experience devising or modifying procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results.
* 14+ years of experience working with project managers, developers, and end users to ensure application designs meet business requirements.
* 14+ years of experience formulating/defining specifications for complex operating software programming applications or modifying/maintaining complex existing applications using engineering releases and utilities from the manufacturer.
* 14+ years of experience researching, designing, developing, and/or modifying enterprise-wide systems and/or applications software.
* 14+ years of experience involved in planning of system and development deployment as well as responsible for meeting software compliance standards.
* 14+ years of experience evaluating interface between hardware and software, operational requirements, and characteristics of overall system.
* Active DoD Secret Security Clearance or higher
* Master's Degree in Computer Science
* Experience implementing, tuning, and maintaining SQL databases using Microsoft Visual Studio
* Experience working in Agile development methodologies
* Experience with PLM applications and terminology, specifically supporting Aerospacecustomers
* Experience with PLM and data interoperability standards such as PLM XML, eQube MI integrations/extractions, eQube BI reporting
* Understanding of Product Lifecycle Management Systems and specifically Teamcenter 11.x
* Thorough understanding of Aerospace affectivity management principles
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.