CPR HeartPlace has an excellent employment opportunity for a Nuclear Technologist PRN to work at its HeartPlace clinics located throughout the Greater DFW area. This is a PRN position requiring the successful candidate to be available to work at any of our current HeartPlace facilities as needs dictate. Prior working experience as a Nuclear Technologist is required.
Under general supervision and according to established policies and procedures, performs all in-house nuclear tests and reports results to those affected.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Escorts patients to testing areas.
2. Explains procedures to patients and obtains informed consent from patient.
3. Administers all in-office nuclear tests.
4. Images, processes and formats images for physician interpretation.
5. Maintains cleanliness of nuclear room.
6. Documents test results to physicians and patients, as directed by physician.
7. Maintains accurate inventory of radioactive materials and supplies.
8. Verifies patient appointments the day before, to ensure use of isotope.
9. Assists in notifying patients of special instructions prior to testing, i.e., “do not take any medication 24 hours prior to visit.”
10. Escorts patients to check-out.
11. Monitors consistency of test results, equipment settings, and physician involvement.
12. Assists physicians as needed.
13. Provides excellent customer service and the highest quality patient care.
14. Follows all OSHA and other safety guidelines.
15. Maintains current CPR certification.
16. At all times protects the confidentiality of protected health information (PHI) of patients per HIPAA regulations; does not normally have business need for seeing PHI of employees.
17. Actively demonstrates teamwork at all times.
18. Adheres to company safety standards at all times, such that no serious (requiring medical attention) injury occurred during the prior 12-month period.
19. Follows other policies and procedures such that there are no verbal or written warnings during the evaluation period.
20. Performs all other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. Degree or appropriate certification training.
3. Minimum three to five years cardiovascular screening experience.
4. Minimum two years experience in nuclear thallium testing.
5. ARRT and/or NMTCB registry and current Texas licensure in Nuclear Medicine.
6. Current CPR certification.
7. Fluently speak, read, and write English.
8. Understanding of OSHA requirements in a clinical setting
9. Understanding of HIPAA requirements.
10. Ability to meet physical demands of the job which include, but are not limited to: standing, bending, pushing, pulling, lifting, transporting supplies or equipment, walking for extended periods of time, and occasionally lifting and carrying items which may weigh up to 50 pounds.
11. Vision and hearing must be within or correctable to within normal range.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.