Join Checkpoint Systems, a global tech leader in Inventory Control Solutions, as National Account Manager for the Northwest US Region. In this role, you will help retailers and brand owners become more profitable and efficient. You will be responsible for growth of our solutions leading national retail clients for all Checkpoint Inventory Control Solutions including EAS, RFID and IoT. Reporting to the Vice President of Sales, you will own the accounts identified and be responsible for business case development, deliverables, training, communication, revenue growth, and profitability. You will be responsible for both existing customers and for growing the business by securing new accounts.
- Develop and lead the customer sales strategy, resource coordination, and the revenue and profit expectations for designated strategic national accounts.
- Manage revenue and growth opportunities within assigned and new accounts
- Foster long lasting, positive working relationships between the accounts and Checkpoint
- Set the expectation of the “can do” Checkpoint culture of cooperation, coordination, and execution within their accounts.
- Drive collaboration and teamwork
- Devise strategy to effectively close the sale of new products and determine a mutually beneficial pricing structure
- Understand the customer and their needs, and effectively work with product management team to offer insight and intelligence with respect to customer demands
- Conduct periodic account reviews to keep management updated on key progress indicators
- Serve as the primary contact for your accounts.
- Ensure complete support and visibility around the company’s highest value customers
- Offer the greater Checkpoint team new insights from your clients that may be transferrable to other customer & industries
- Liaise with product management and engineering to set and implement strategies for new products and services
- Budget and forecast sales for the customer volume, revenue, and timing
- Research customer’s pain points to review the current trends, identify competition and identify new solution opportunities, and to hold the relevant “Customer Innovation Sessions” between customer, Business Lines, and R&D and then to drive our Innovation Programs
- Provide first class customer service and care
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business or IT related field.
- Master’s Degree a plus
- Formal Sales training a plus
- Minimum of six (6) years’ experience in sales, with large/national account responsibility for at least 3 years
- Experience in technology (enterprise, supply chain, store level) into the retail sector highly preferable
- Experience as a retail operator and/or Loss Prevention Senior Management Experience a plus
- Experience in customer service or related field experience a plus
- Experience in RFID and retail sales a plus
- Global account experience a plus
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong customer relationships
- Proven ability to sell complex solutions as well a variety of hardware & specialty products
- Experience in sales with both short and long cycles times a plus
- Solid understanding of current technologies used in retail
- Proven ability to collaborate with internal teams to effectively deliver excellent service
- Ability to engage in market research and business planning
- Exceptional presentation skills and ability to influence others by effectively using data
- Experience identifying and acquiring new customers
- Creative in finding solutions to problems
- Understanding of demand planning and supply chain and the importance of accurate forecasting
- Experience partnering with Product Management to offer insights and intelligence defining and anticipating customer needs
- Financial and business savvy, ability to communicate a business case
- Project management skills
Travel Required: 35%