Job Title: National Sales Executive
The National Sales Executive develops and solicits new accounts to grow Valley business. Theseaccounts include Corporations, Associations, Hotels, Facilities, Show Management Companies, etc. This individual represents Valley with professionalism and integrity at all times to create customer loyalty, to extend industry awareness of Valley, and to extend national level brand recognition. The National Sales Executive must be able to develop their own leads and will be completely knowledgeable about all business within the region.
Develop new accounts via event visits, client meetings, letters, emails, networking, face- to- face meetings and other Valley tools. Accomplishment of this responsibility may be through a variety of sources including associations, business groups, and social and community organizations. Majority of this time should be spent outside Valley’s office and in face-to-face environments.
Report effectively and timely to ensure no cross-selling activity takes place and management has real time knowledge of opportunities.
Work in various capacities and environments as support to Valley Clients and Valley’s internal/external activities. This includes travel and long work hours.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. This includes the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the public.
- MUST be willing to consistently cold call and solicit new business
- Builds relationships with assigned leads
- Must be willing to consistently cold call and solicit new business via phone, electronic media, and face-to-face
- Prospect customers through networking and referrals
- Customer service skills
- Tradeshow industry, hotel, and convention experience
- Entertains clients and facilities as necessary.
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and prospective customers to solicit future business.
- Works to secure multiple year contracts.
- Knowledge of the inner workings of a trade show
- Handle confidential/sensitive information with discretion
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office Software applications.
Education and Experience: This position requires Bachelor’s Degree plus 2 years related experience.
Supervisor Responsibilities: None
Financial Responsibility: Fiscal Responsibility for personal expense account
To know what market to cultivate- new leads and potential clients
Obtain information from potential clients to construct a great proposal know dates, venues, and all item costs that will be presented in the contract
Submit proposals that will increase Valley bottom line and its name recognition
Contact with others: Entire Staff, Various Vendors, Clients and Potential Clients
Degree of Autonomy: Works under minimal supervision
This job description in no way state or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. The employee is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department. This job description does not establish a contract for employment and is subject to change at the discretion of the employer.