A network specialist for the Network Segmentation project team is expected to have the following attributes:
1. Knowledge of network protocols, 7-layer OSI model, network hardware, and cabling systems .
2. Must be able to work with minimum direction and work effectively in a team environment.
3. Must be customer focused and possess excellent communications and interpersonal skills to interact with a variety of personnel at various levels within and outside the institution.
4. Good organizational and time management skills are required.
5. Solid analytical and troubleshooting skills are also a necessity.
6. In-depth knowledge of the IP protocol.
7. Knowledge of network monitoring and configuration tools such as Cisco Prime or NetBrain.
8. Knowledge and experience with routing and switching, basic firewall concepts, IPSec, SSH, SSL,access control lists and SNMP .
9. In addition a working knowledge of TCP/IP, DHCP and DNS.
10. Ability to design, explain and implement new solutions while improving resilience in the current environment .
11. Increase network performance and stability via performance monitoring.
12. Troubleshooting network problems and outages, scheduling upgrades and collaborating with other team members.
13. Responsible for data network fault investigations throughout the network using information from multiple sources.
14. Extensive hands- on experience in Data Center technology including but not limited to switches and router
15. Desire a minimum skill level equal to CCNP (Route/Switch, Security)