Description&; Northrop Grumman is seeking a Network Communications to join our team. This position will be located at our Azusa, CA campus. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman’s Information Technology support team. The successful candidate would be responsible for maintaining a smooth operation of LAN/WAN/VPNS. Plan, designs, configures, and installs network hardware in support of customer requirements. Maintains technical expertise in all areas of networks and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, switches, gateways, etc. Propose solutions to management to ensure all communications requirements based on future needs and current usage. Create and update appropriate documentations, including operational instructions. Provides regular monitoring and security analysis to meet DoD security standards.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Plan, manage and implement complex network designs in support of customer requirements.
- Support network teams in project designs to clarify project requirements, provide design solutions, in accordance with standards.
- Perform troubleshooting analysis of network infrastructure and associated systems.
- Install and configure Cisco routers, switches and firewalls.
- Interface regularly with customers and manage customer installation timelines and deliverables to help facilitate successful deployments.
- Provide guidance to team members and provide status metrics to customer and Northrop Grumman management.
- Applies extensive technical expertise, and has full knowledge of other related disciplines. Able to communicate effectively and clearly present technical approaches and findings.
- Experience with Cisco routers, switches, IPS/IDS, and firewalls.
- Ability to design and troubleshoot VPNs.
- Provide third-level support and troubleshooting of problems. Periodically provide after-hours and weekend support.
- Design and maintain Windows Systems within strict security policies and procedures.
- Experience in Windows 7/10 and Server 2008+.
- Demonstrate the ability to work in a team environment with engineering users, other system administrators and computer/facility organizations.
Qualifications&; Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree with 5 years of network experience or 9 years of network experience in lieu of degree.
- Current and active Top Secret clearance and the ability to maintain an active clearance.
- The ability to be cleared to special access programs.
- Knowledge of networking protocols such Domain Name Server (DNS), Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP).
- Experience working with local area network systems and technical infrastructure communication issues.
- Experience working with network risk analysis, modeling, and back-up administration functions.
- Able to lift 40 lbs
- Security + or the ability to obtain it within 6 months of hire date.
- SCI with ability to obtain Poly.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.