Here at Northrop Grumman we developed the B-2 Bomber, Global Hawk surveillance system, James Webb Space Telescope, and dozens of other leading edge systems. Just imagine what we're working on now!
The Palmdale Lab Operations, Engineering and Test Department is looking for passionate and dedicated Network Communications Engineer to join our Palmdale, CA team. Our Network Communications team works directly with Integration & Test Engineers and Test Conductors to maintain our network infrastructure for lab capabilities. As a Network Communications Engineer you'll be responsible for maintaining smooth operation of local area network and planning, evaluation, installation and/or reconfiguration of hardware and software. Additionally you'll maintain technical expertise in all areas of networks and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc. You may be asked to propose solutions to management to ensure all communications requirements based on future needs and current usage, configuring such solutions to optimize cost savings. Other tasks will include ensuring that appropriate network documentation exists, including operational instructions, provides regular monitoring and network analysis regarding short- and long-range planning for in-house systems. This statement of work will be completed within numerous labs in Palmdale, CA but might require a hand full of visit to other locations throughout the year. Are you ready for a new challenge and interested in supporting the future of technology at Northrop Grumman? If yes, then this position is for you.
This position will require occasional overtime.
- Bachelor's degree within a science, technical, engineering or mathematics (STEM) discipline with5 years of networkor engineeringexperience, Masters with3 years of experience or PHD with 0 years previous experience.
- Experience applying patches to production systems.
- Experience in working in Microsoft Windows and *nix systems.
- Experience in configuring network switches
- Current COMPTIA Security+ certification.
- Active In-Scope (reviewed in the last 6 years) Department of Defense Top Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain program access.
- Previous experience managing DELL PowerEdge servers.
- Previous experience with Oracle ZFS-5 Systems and storage arrays.
- Strong knowledge of configuring firewall.
- Knowledge of at least one of the following: MIL-STD-1553b, IEE-1394 or ARINC-429.
- Previous experience briefing managers, senior program leadership and customers.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.