Join the Eclaro Team! Eclaro is looking for a Network Engineer-3 for our client in Denver, CO. This is a contract position located at our client's site.
Eclaro’s client is a leading technology solutions provider, specializing in digital transformations and collaboration with customers to manage their needs and achieve success. If you’re up to the challenge, then take a chance at this rewarding opportunity!
Summary of Position:
A Cloud Network Engineer shares responsibility in the design, development and management of our Cloud network and security infrastructure. The Senior Cloud Network Engineer will manage, maintain, and enhance a highly fluid network, while understanding the challenges of supporting a 24x7 operation. The Cloud Network Engineer uses a strong understanding of all aspects of a highly converged data center network and the ability to troubleshoot, identify and resolve very complex problems in a timely and professional manner. The role also requires strong execution and focus to meet the needs of our Cloud customers. The Cloud Network Engineer will also help in the build of runtime environments for Concerto Cloud Services customers, and will be responsible for developing and maintaining these environments for high-availability, ease of maintenance, and scalability. Frequent collaboration with Concerto Cloud Services customers will also be important, especially when scheduling maintenance windows and coordinating change management activity. This position will report directly to a Senior Cloud Architect or to the Cloud Operations Manager.
• Implement, support, and maintain 24x7 network services serving as one of the highest levels of escalation for network and security issues.
• Make ongoing recommendations of network policies and standards.
• Manage multiple medium- to large-scale projects in a fast paced challenging environment.
• Quickly turn business problems into technical solutions.
• Manage configurations and the deployment of equipment in compliance with established technology policies.
• Recommend technical solutions that will enhance performance, increase redundancy, and add flexibility to the existing infrastructure.
• Troubleshoot and resolve network performance issues.
• Maintain system and network availability and monitor network services.
• Participate in rotating 'on-call' schedule with engineering team.
• Maintain the appropriate relationships with 3rd party vendors and evaluate vendor hardware, software, and communications products and to provide recommendations for purchases with our corporate objectives in mind
• Design and implement data communication architectures including: integration of applications, data, and other infrastructure architectures
• Oversee all aspects of the Concerto Cloud Network infrastructure
• Document activities such as incident resolution and system changes with regular participation in change control activities that comply with ITIL change management.
• Regularly interact with other team members to offer assistance in troubleshooting, and knowledge transfer activities in effort to cross-pollenate others with the required knowledge to effectively support the Tribridge Concerto environment
• Update devices as required to maintain current patch levels and ensure configuration backups are performed and archived regularly
• Setup, configure, and manage a large Cisco ASA based IPsec tunnel network.
• Work directly with customers’ IT staff and/or Network Consulting vendors to implement, troubleshoot, and optimize networking solutions.
Culture and Values
• Demonstrates behaviors evident of Concerto Culture and Values.
o Value People - We recognize people as individuals and develop relationships built on trust and respect. As evident by caring for other, being flexible and following through.
o Honesty & Integrity - We are always truthful and maintain high ethical standards. As evident by asking for help and admitting mistakes.
o Accountability - We take action, proactively hold ourselves accountable and are committed to quality and excellence in everything we do. As evident by delivering quality work and having a sense of urgency.
o Servant Leadership - We purposefully and selflessly serves the needs of others to help them reach their full potential. As evident by asking how I can help and showing a willingness to learn.
o Teamwork - We recognize the collective power of our time, talent and resources. As evident by trusting others and communicating constructively.
o Entrepreneurial Spirit - We encourage creativity and risk-taking, empower decision making, promote continuous learning and give back to our local communities. As evident by being curious and willing to fail.
Minimum Requirements – Education, Skill & Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or equivalent related technical experience may be considered in lieu of degree
• 5 years’ minimum experience with a variety of networking technologies, protocols, equipment, concepts and architectures
• CCNA Data Center certification required, CCNP Data Center preferred
• Positive attitude, enjoy challenging solutions involving network architecture and maintenance
• Possess a clear understanding of capacity planning in various scenarios. (Single/Redundant Circuits, Load Balancing, Aggregation, etc.)
• Extensive knowledge of Cisco routing/switching and Firewalls software including Cisco IOS, ASA OS, and NX-OS. NX-OS is a must.
• Knowledge of Nexus series switches including the Nexus 7000, 5000 and 2000 series.
• Experience configuring and troubleshooting VPN issues on different types of IPSec endpoints including Cisco Firewalls and Cisco Routers.
• Strong knowledge of Layer 2 technologies, including Spanning-Tree, VLANs, VTP, UDLD, VDC, and CDP
• Strong knowledge of Layer 3 technologies, including IPv4, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, IPv6, HSRP, and VRRP
• Proven experience in working with Network Technologies including: OTV, HSRP, GLBP, VRF and MPLS, and IPsec
• Excellent interpersonal skills and able to work as a productive member of a team
• Ability to coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Demonstrated capability to achieve results under pressure.
• Manages time effectively and according to priorities.
• Ability to utilize technical resources effectively to develop solutions or proactively prepare for projects and implementations
• Work may require some physical effort in the handling of light materials, boxes, and equipment.
Preferred Requirements– Education, Skill & Abilities:
• Knowledge of F5 BIG-IP Load Balancing solutions including LTM, GTM, and ASM solutions; experience implementing these solutions is prefered
• Experience configuring and troubleshooting firewalls including Cisco ASA Firewalls, Cisco Firewall Services Module (FWSM), and Palo Alto Firewalls in a single and/or multi-context environments.
• Experience working with Network Monitoring and Troubleshooting tools including SolarWinds, SCOM, SNMP, SevOne, ThousandEyes, and Wireshark.
• Solid understanding of operating system fundamentals, including experience with various operating systems such as Windows and VMware – VCP, MCSE, and MCITP are a plus
• Project management, capacity and performance management skills are important
• Experience with Cisco Unified Computing (UCS), Nexus and ASR platforms.
• FlexPod and VMDC technologies
• Master’s Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
Interested in applying? Contact Kathrina Mateo at Kathrina.Mateo@eclaro.com with a Word resume, along with the six-digit position ID number, your hourly rate and availability
Equal Opportunity Employer: Eclaro values diversity and does not discriminate based on Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.