Cincinnati Bell Technology Solutions (CBTS) is in search of a Network Engineer for a direct hire position in the Cincinnati area.
- Responsible for secure network design, establishing, and enforcing system standards; creating and maintaining accurate technical documentation for Cloud, WAN, LAN, Wi-Fi, Internet, Firewalls, Servers, Video and VoIP solutions.
- Ensure the stable and reliable connectivity of all Cloud, LAN, and WAN networks
- Responsible for optimizing network performance; rapidly troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; and perform network optimization, including QoS.
- Manage vendor relationships.
- Provide 3rd level support for WAN, LAN, Wi-Fi, Internet, Servers, Video and VoIP solutions.
- Involvement in project work including project management, recommendation, selection, design, testing, and implementation of various solutions.
- Provide accurate and creative solutions for various supporting departments and teams
- Assist with all levels of network administration, from innovating new technologies to hardware/software support while maintaining and improving security procedures
Skills and experience:
- Requires a Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Business or related major.
- Requires CCNA, CCNP or similar certification.
- Requires 5+ years of network infrastructure experience
- Requires 2+ years’ experience with Cloud Networking and Security
- Requires SD-WAN/SDN - Wide Area Networking Technologies and vendor management
- Requires Cisco Switching and Routing Configuration (IOS, IOS XE, NX-OS)
- Requires Static and Dynamic Routing Protocols, including OSPF
- Requires demonstrated ability to administer layer 3 and layer 2 switching, HSRP, EIGRP, BGP, port-channels, SIP, QoS and LAN/WAN standards
- Requires previous experience with highly complex routing scenarios and redundancy
- Requires previous experience with scripting languages for network automation
- Requires previous experience with Cisco NextGen firewalls/FTD/FirePower Firewall Configuration and Management and AnyConnect VPNs for remote staff
- Requires experience with implementing Quality of Service.
- Requires experience with Wi-Fi Networking Configuration and Security in Enterprise environments
- Requires previous experience with network troubleshooting tools
- Requires previous experience with IPS/IDS
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Military Leave
- Stock Options
- Mobile Phone Discount
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid sick days
- Vacation/paid time off
- Work From Home
- Performance bonus
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Professional Development
- Merchandise Discounts
- Donation-Matching Program
- Employee Events
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible Schedules
- Free Food and Coffee
- Game Rooms
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
116,250.00 - 144,804.00 /yearWhat is this?
Network Engineer / Architect
Network Engineer / Architect