MOTIVITY TECHNOLOGIES LLC
Title: Network Security Engineer
Department: Operations and IT
Location: Houston, Texas
The Industrial IoT Network Security Engineer is the lead technical resource for delivery of Industrial Network and Security services and solutions to enable customers to leverage the Industrial Internet of things (IIoT) and realize the connected enterprise. The Industrial IoT Network Security Engineer will work directly with our customers to evaluate and possibly deliver Assessments, Designs and Implementations specific to industrial Networks, Security, and Virtualization solutions.
• Provide Technical Sales support specific to industrial network services and solutions.
• Provide Technical Education, seminars, webinars, etc..
• Write detailed documentation that include user needs, system specifications, observed issues with remediation recommendations or implementation requirements in order to develop or modify network and/or control system infrastructure.
• Act as liaison between customers Information Technology (IT) department and Manufacturing/Operations Technology (OT) departments.
• Perform ‘hands-on’ network/cybersecurity/wireless assessment, design and implementation of simple and complex process automation and/or discrete controls networks for a variety of automated manufacturing processes and equipment.
• Perform configuration of small to medium sized virtualization solutions. (server and thin client).
• Articulate impact to and requirements of the manufacturing Network as it relates to PLC, HMI/SCADA, plant historian, motor control, motion control, etc. technology and applications.
• Ability to accurately articulate the requirements and priorities of both IT and OT stakeholders.
• Present technical findings to non-technical stakeholders at all levels of the organization to gain buy-in around both the concepts and the value of acting on design changes.
• Demonstrate strong interpersonal communications, organizational and written/verbal communication skills.
Preferred Qualifications and Requirements:
• Minimum of 5+ years as Network Security Engineer or related jobs
• Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology or related technology driven degree.
- Network Engineering Certification (CCENT, CCNA Routing and Switching/Wireless, CINS Cisco Industrial Networking Specialist, VCA, VCP, GICSP).
- Understanding of security frameworks (NIST, ISO, CIS, HITRUST).
- Understanding of ISA, ANSI, NEMA, NEC and NIST standards.
• Hands-on experience configuring IT equipment (Cisco, VMware, etc.).
• Experience creating part number level bills of material for simple and complex network solutions.
• Previous experience working as part of a large, multi-disciplinary team completing full project life-cycle implementations.
• Experience with configuring and implementing wireless networks
• Experience with configuring and implementing firewalls
• Demonstrate strong analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills required.
• Demonstrate an ability to influence and guide team members when required.
• Exposure to Industrial Control Systems including PLC, HMI/SCADA, plant historian, motor control, motion control, etc. technology and applications (Rockwell or comparable platforms).
Reports To: Motivity Technologies, Director of Operations and IT
Direct Reports: None
Normal office environment. Travel within the region to support customers, vendors, and other branches along with out-of-state travel may also be required. Must have on-call availability. Work occasionally involves a non-typical work schedule for repair and maintenance when equipment is not in use.
The above statements are intended to describe the essential functions and related requirements of persons assigned to this job. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements.
Job Descriptions\Engineering & Mod Center\Solutions Project Manager.docCreated: 01/01/03