Are you a Network Engineer with an in-depth knowledge of Cisco Firewalls, Cisco Catalyst and Nexus switches (Cisco ACI experience is a plus)? If so, you are the person we are looking for to present to one of our top clients in the Miami area!
We are currently seeking a:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Configure and setup Firewalls, VPN and Security appliances for access to vital business applications (specifically Cisco ASA firewalls, Catalyst switches, Nexus switches, and Cisco routers).
· Design of multi-server environments (including VMWare) including IP address schemes, DNS, WINS, and Port Channels etc.
· Configure and install client and server network software for upgrading and maintaining network and telecommunication systems.
· Managing vendor relationships.
· Provide technical assistance to internal and external clients.
· Troubleshoot network hardware, software applications, telephones and security systems to resolve operational issues.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
· Escalate service or project issues that cannot be completed within agreed service levels to vendors or internal resources.
· Document internal processes and procedures for support and compliance.
· Remain up-to-date with current and future technologies emerging in the industry.
· Off-hours support will be required.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
· Three or more years direct working experience as a Mid-or-Senior Level Network or Systems Engineer.
· Have a thorough understanding of the Internet and its workings (DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, DHCP, TCP/IP, Email Routing, SPAM, etc.)
· Have a thorough understanding of Local Area Networking (LAN) and Wide Area Networking (WAN).
· Previous work experience administering/supporting LAN/WAN environments.
· Previous work experience designing/implementing LAN/WAN environments is a plus.
· In-depth working knowledge of Firewalls, Routers & Switches.
· Specific in-depth working knowledge of Cisco Firewalls.
· Specific in-depth working knowledge of Cisco Catalyst and Nexus switches.
· Specific in-depth working knowledge of Cisco ACI is a plus.
· Specific in-depth working knowledge of VMWare is a plus.
· Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a fast paced business environment.
· The ability to lift up to 50 pounds to enable installation of hardware.