Network Engineer for Midtown Capital Markets Firm
• Long Term Consulting Role
A Capital Markets Firm in Midtown NYC is seeking a Network Engineer to join their team on a long term contract. This engineer will assist and lead a combination of projects and BAU support as needed. Responsibilities may include designing, implementing, and level 2/3 support of the networking environment.
• Responsible for day-to-day IT operational support for the firm’s existing network environment
• Available to provide technical support and assistance as needed (i.e. after-hours, weekend support) in addition to occasional travel based on projects
• Support the design and implementation of network architectures
• Strong Cisco experience and related experience in Networking/Infrastructure environments in hardware, software, network security practices, etc.
• Strong technical knowledge and hands-on experience with data center network technologies including but not limited to: TCP/IP, Cisco IOS, LAN/WAN, BGP, EIGRP, MPLS, OSPF, IPSEC, Load Balancers, firewalls, etc.
• Knowledge of commercial enterprise-level tools and products to provide network services (i.e. firewalls, IPS/IDS, DNS, DHCP, web security, VPN, etc.) and SDN and/or automation experience
• VMWare and Cloud experience are a big pluses