Closing Date: May 25, 2018
The Office of Technology and Facility Services is looking for a dynamic individual to join our team! Excelsior College, a regionally accredited, virtual, private, nonprofit institution of higher learning is seeking dynamic applicants for the position of Network Engineer, in the Office of Technology and Facility Services.
This is a full-time position with competitive benefits based in 7 Columbia Circle, Albany,NY.
The Network Engineer is responsible for analyzing, designing, installing, configuring, and maintaining the network infrastructure, application components and services for the College. The Network Engineer ensures reliable operation of networked systems and services to provide maximum performance and availability for students, faculty, and staff. This includes both wired and wireless networks. The Network Engineer will also assist in the installation and administration of the college’s telecommunications equipment and services at multiple office locations and data centers. Services include telephone, voice messaging, contact center, call recording, client and web applications, and faxing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install, configure and maintain network equipment.
- Provide second- and third-tier support by collaborating with the Help Desk and Technical Support teams.
- Provide lead project management for network engineering initiatives; this includes establishing time estimates, costs, and stakeholder involvement.
- Provide network management to ensure high system availability, reliability and optimal operation.
- Provide constant monitoring of all networked systems; proactively respond to and correct problems related to network systems hardware and software as needed.
- Perform system troubleshooting as needed to the telephony servers including, voice connectivity, voice messaging, auto attendant profiles, contact center configuration, and related systems.
- Perform repairs and installation of telephone sets, headsets and wiring.
- Perform moves, adds and changes in the telephone system.
- Provide time estimates for telecommunications projects and equipment installations.
- Coordinate with vendor account representatives and service technicians regarding system changes and system problems.
- Provide scheduled contact center reporting for all schools and departments.
- Provide call routing design and changes to improve contact center services.
- Perform contact center telephony training including all agent and supervisor applications.
- On call and work alternate hours as necessary to provide coverage and ensure continuous availability of services during business hours.
- Minimum of an Associates degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred in Computer Science or an equivalent combination of education/experience that provides the required skills, knowledge and abilities.
- Minimum of 5 years experience.
- Knowledge of voice and data network media and topologies including VoIP and SIP configuration, wireless, hardware, and capabilities.
- Knowledge of Interactive Intelligence (Genesys) telephony applications and configuration including, attendant and voice messaging.
- An understanding of contact center design, routing, and reporting.
- Working knowledge of public service telephone network (PSTN), PRI, E911 and cellular communications.
- Strong organization, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong vendor relations and contract negotiation skills.
- Demonstrated project management and business planning skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Able to work alternate hours including evenings and weekends.