Randstad is responsible for the entire day to day management of state of the art data center operations throughout the United States for a multinational banking and financial services holding company. It is the largest of its kind in the United States with total worldwide assets in excess of US$2 trillion.
Primary Duties within Client:
We are responsible for the day to day management of data center operations throughout the United States for a multinational banking and financial services holding company. It is the largest of its kind in the United States with total worldwide assets in excess of US$2 trillion.
Data Center/Network Technician
Location: Ashburn, VA
Duration: Long Term (No End Date)
Shift: 12 AM to 12 PM | Every Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and ROTATING WEDNESDAYS
Week 1 EXAMPLE:
ON: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday
OFF Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday
WEEK 2 EXAMPLE
ON: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday
OFF: Thursday, Friday, Saturday
Seeking experienced Data Center Technician for long term role located in the Ashburn, VA area.
Ideal candidate will possess strong knowledge of basic networking and hardware configurations and core operating systems.
Basic responsibilities would include but not limited to:
- Racking servers
- Running copper and fiber cables
- Loading OS and troubleshooting server hardware/connectivity
In Addition, Network Technician/Engineer will:
- Provide on-site and remote troubleshooting and diagnosis of various computer and networking systems
- Perform upgrades, configuration maintenance, and repairs of system hardware and software
- Be responsible for installing, configuring, troubleshooting, administrating and maintaining Servers and Workstations
- Rack & Stack server and IT hardware in corporate Data Center.
- Responsible for server implementation, support and decommissioning within a secure raised-floor environment.
- Install support hardware for all devices to be installed into cabinets on raised floor.
- Place devices in cabinets according to instructions from internal hardware power & Placement team.
- Complete cabling and cable organization per Client DCO standards.
- A strong working knowledge data center processes and design (power, cooling, redundancy).
- Functional knowledge of network and network hardware is required, especially at the enterprise level.
- Hands on expertise of midrange systems in large scale (100+ servers) environments- HP & Dell server hardware
- Ability to document complex problem resolution summaries and repetitive tasks
- Ability to demonstrate effective teaming and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Expertise with day-to-day data center operation tasks, including rack/stack, network switch/port configuration, server decommissioning
- Also experience with Data Center incident resolution, asset management, and logistics
- Critical thinking and decision making related to outage risk assessment
- Strong cable management skills and experience managing fiber & copper in a data center environment.
- Desired Skills:
- Previous experience working in a complex high availability data center environment
- ESX, Linux, UNIX knowledge and experience working within complex technical environments is a bonus, but hardware understanding critical.
- Technical writing and documentation skills are preferred