* Bachelor's Degree in computer science or equivalent experience along with a minimum of five years experience supporting LAN/WAN architecture and at least three years directly supporting a LAN/WAN.
* CNE Certification required.
* Detailed knowledge of PC workstations (laptops and desktops), Windows, Windows applications and MS Office products.
* Detailed knowledge required on Network operating systems, network servers and WAN technological concepts
* Under general supervision, provides administration of Local and Wide Area Networks (LAN/WAN). Responsible for maintaining the physical network, file servers, desktop and laptop workstations and applications, and training the users on the use of the network and Personal Computer (PC) applications.
* Conforms to Company standards for hardware and software.
* Configure, maintain, upgrade and support all workstations, peripherals and laptops at required internal and commercial software revision levels and configurations per specified Company standards.
* Research, develop and implement a File Server Disaster Recovery Plan for the Area including initial risk analysis and develop documentation for assigned systems.
* Design and implement a plan to avoid loss of use of field IT hardware, infrastructure and data.
* Define and support backup procedures for all Area desktop and laptop users.
* Ensure backup and recovery options are communicated to each Area employee.
* Respond and resolve user IT problems and system integrity issues.
* Coordinate resources to perform repairs, including warranty repair work.
* Anticipate and provide training in the use of PC workstations, applications and the networking environment.
* Maintain all server locations at required network operating system revision levels and configurations per Company standards.
* Manage the disk resources on the file servers to provide maximum availability and user efficiency.