Randstad Technologies is currently seeking a Level 1 Network Technician. Please see below for job summary.
The 'Network Technician I' is a position that is responsible for identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving a wide range of network related problems effectively. In addition, this position requires the ability to listen and communicate information to customers and vendors at all levels of skill, deliver customer support both in-person and over the phone in a professional manner, train peers, work independently and as a member of a team, and maintain cooperative work relationships. There are additional responsibilities assigned to individuals in this position based on employee interest, skill level, and needs to establish redundant expertise roles.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Installation and testing of network equipment and circuits.
• Troubleshoot and resolve network problems (Level I)
• Customer Support (Phone and in-person)
• Perform duties within on-call rotation
• Keep supervisor updated on major areas of responsibility
• Facility maintenance
- • Perform assigned duties for building and property maintenance (i.e. roof, batteries, AC and DC breaker checks, generators, UPS)
• Equipment maintenance
- • Perform assigned duties pertaining to network equipment preventive maintenance. The schedule should be kept in Scribe for all live equipment that matches vendor best practices on their products.
• Train Peers when needed
• Perform MOP assigned tasks, with good communication with Project Manger
• Complete projects in timely manner
• Proactively identify negative network conditions when possible and communicate to supervisor
• Maintain knowledge on current and new applicable technologies
• Maintain cooperative work relationships
• Perform special assignments when needed
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & TRAINING
Candidates/incumbents must meet the minimum qualifications as detailed below or have a combination of education and experience deemed equivalent by management.
• High School Diploma required, with an Associate Degree in IT/IS or other technical field preferred. Knowledge should include ability to troubleshoot basic layer 3 problems.
• In addition to education requirements, at least two years' experience troubleshooting and repairing data and telecommunication networks is preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve a wide range of complex data and telephony network related problems effectively.
• Understand principles and practices of networking technologies.
• General understanding of LAN/WAN protocols
• Ability to work under general supervision independently and in a team environment.
• Maintain cooperative work relationships.
• Good time management and documentation skills.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Able to type 45+ WPM with 95+% accuracy