Entrepreneurial Spirit, Rooted in Tradition. At Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma America, Inc. (MTPA), we can tout a storied reputation more than 300 years in the making. Our parent company, Mitsubishi Tanabe Pharma Corporation, is a research-driven pharmaceutical company with global reach – and one of Japan’s oldest and most respected companies.
With the recent FDA approval and availability in the U.S. of RADICAVA® (edaravone) MTPA is rapidly expanding our operation across all functional areas to launch this new product in the U.S. market. Concurrently, the company is expanding its research efforts and exploring collaborations with partners to discover and bring treatments to market for unmet medical needs including orphan diseases. We currently seek motivated professionals who share our vision of scientific excellence, innovation, and unwavering dedication to improving the lives of patients.
The Neurology Account Specialist (NAS) will be responsible for meeting and/or exceeding sales goals in an assigned territory by developing, implementing, and executing an integrated territory business plan encompassing key customer targets. The incumbent will demonstrate subject matter expertise concerning scientific and clinical information for ALS and take a customer-focused approach to engage customers in clinically relevant discussion utilizing approved materials.
The NAS will effectively analyze sales data to identify opportunities for business growth or areas of concern within the assigned territory. The incumbent will be responsible for territory business planning and execution of key company initiatives. In the execution of all duties, the NAS will adhere to company guidelines and demonstrate honesty, integrity, trust, respect, and accountability, performing all responsibilities in accordance with company policies and procedures and applicable state and federal rules and regulations.
• Meets or exceeds sales objectives for assigned geography through implementation of approved market/selling strategies and solutions.
• Understands and addresses both business and scientific oriented needs of healthcare professionals by engaging in meaningful dialog to determine underlying patient needs and determine how products could address such needs.
• Partners with MSLs, FRMs, RBDs, HUB and other organizational personnel to develop strategies to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction.
• Develops and implements a dynamic territory business plan by analyzing the business, competitive landscape and territory market to drive business.
• Develops, nurtures and maintains professional relationships with targeted KOLs including physicians, medical staff, and key hospital personnel and ALS center staff.
• Navigates the hospital formulary process and develops and implements strategies to ensure successful product positioning and availability.
• Anticipates potential business challenges, adjusts priorities as needed, demonstrates flexibility, and develops solutions to address challenges.
• Maintains an exceptional level of proficiency in selling skills, clinical, market and product knowledge and the business environment of the territory.
• Collaborates with peers and company personnel to ensure corporate objectives and initiatives are achieved.
• Effectively plans and organizes schedule to ensure maximum efficiency and use of time to accomplish goals and objectives.
• Acts as a company ambassador; presents a professional image and represents the company, products and people with integrity and respect.
• Completes tasks and projects assigned by Regional Business Director.
• Ensures that all activities are in compliance with applicable regulations and Pharma guidelines.
• BA/BS Degree.
• Minimum of 5 years pharmaceutical sales experience, including at least 2 years experience in Neurology, CNS and/or hospital accounts.
• Experience with new product launches.
• Specialty Pharma, Orphan Drug experience is highly preferred.
• Sound understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and regulations/guidelines pertaining to pharmaceutical sales.
• Knowledge of buy and bill, infusion, alternate sites of care.
• Highly self-directed, committed to excellence, possess an entrepreneurial spirit.
• Strong selling skills with track record of sales success particularly with new product launches.
• Polished, professional image coupled with outstanding ability to engage others and build strong business relationships.
• Strong oral/written communication and presentation skills.
• Proficiency in MS Office; proficiency in Veeva is a plus.
• Required to travel at least 30%, including frequent overnight stays.