Benesch is a growing mid-sized corporate law firm based in downtown Cleveland, OH with other office locations in Columbus (OH), Wilmington (DE), Chicago (IL), Hackensack (NY) and Shanghai (CHINA). We are a firm committed to providing the highest level of customer service to our clients, and a positive work environment to our employees. Benesch offers many benefits to its employees including competitive pay, medical, dental and life insurance, paid time off, retirement plans, paid holidays, flexible work schedules, and flexible spending accounts for health care and dependent care. Benesch has been ranked on the Plain Dealer’s Northeast Ohio Top Workplaces list in both 2016, 2017 and 2018; as well as earned a coveted recognition on the NorthCoast 99 Top Workplaces in Northeast Ohio for the 15th year. The Firm has also been named to the AmLaw 200 list, placing us among the top 200 law firms in the country and is a result of our continued strategic growth.
We are looking to add a Night Litigation Legal Secretary in our Cleveland office. The Night Litigation Legal Secretary works proactively with attorneys, paralegals and assistants to support litigation work, including court filings, being conducted after 4 pm. The hours for this position is 4:00pm-12:30am Monday-Friday.
1. Formats documents as appropriate for each court (consistent with litigator instructions about filing requirements), and efficiently prepares complete and error-free documents for client review and/or filing.
2. Supports all compilation and organizational work associated with litigation activities, and takes over uncompleted projects from assistants and others that need to be continued or completed in the evening.
3. Develops relationships with litigators and their assistants and provides education about services available in connection with litigation and document handling. Showcases skills in document preparation and filing for litigators and their assistants at each opportunity.
4. Provides comprehensive reports of each filing for attorneys to share with clients. Coordinates all activities to ensure the Docket department has updated and necessary information.
5. Coordinates with attorneys, assistants, IPC operators, IST, Docket and others to ensure documents are prepared and compiled for timely and correct filing. Facilitates and supports maintenance of records and virtual pleading indexes by assistants.
6. When no litigation work is available, provides support for IPC Operators in typing, revising and formatting documents of all kinds.
7. Provides outstanding and proactive customer service to eliminate errors and facilitate efficient work by timekeepers.
1. Maintains a clean and orderly workstation.
2. Arranges outside courier services for pick-up and delivery of packages when necessary; retrieves packages from 2nd floor guard’s station.
3. Acts as backup to Lead Operator when necessary.
4. Performs other duties as assigned.
The Night Litigation Legal Secretary must possess a High School Diploma and prior experience as a secretary in litigation handling court filings. A high proficiency in processing legal documents and navigating electronic filing systems, and outstanding proofreading skills, are required. Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Acrobat are required. Experience with DocXtools, Best Authority and other programs a plus. Must possess an excellent customer service attitude.