West Valley Staffing Group is currently seeking Game Tester for our client in Santa Clara, CA.
THIS IS A CONTRACT POSITION.
The QA Game Compliance Tester is responsible for testing and debugging pre-released game software for 1st party compliance violations. This position performs regression testing, verifies claimed bug fixes, and enters program defects into a bug tracking database. Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, ability to analytically research program defects, strong teamwork and interpersonal skills are required.
The Game Tester will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Perform regression testing, verify claimed bug fixes.
- Document program defects in a bug tracking database.
- Test and debug pre-released game software for 1st party compliance violations.
The successful candidate for the Game Tester position must have:
- 12 months experience with successful track record in game Quality Assurance position preferred.
- 6 months experience with 1st party standards (TRC, TCR, Lotcheck).
- Comprehensive understanding of the test process and cycle.
- PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Nintendo 3DS and/or PC testing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication language skills.
- Analytical problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Good organizational skills.
- Strong ability to focus and remain on task.
- Significant knowledge of current, past and upcoming video games and systems.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel, bug tracking software (Test Track, Filemaker Pro, etc.).
- PS4 and/or Xbox One testing experience.
- High school graduate. Associate Degree and additional college course work strongly preferred
To view all of our available opportunities, register on www.westvalley.com