JOB TITLE:POSITION: Health Informatics Nurse Trainer
ACCOUNTABLE TO: Chief Clinical Informatics Officer
PROGRAM: CHC / HCH / Specialty Clinics
OSHA CATEGORY: II
Under the supervision of the Chief Clinical Informatics Officer, assists in the development, implementation, and monitoring of a nurse training program for the electronic health record (EHR). The Nurse Informatics Trainer serves as the primary trainer for the EHR-NextGen for new and existing nurses of all specialties at CentroMed. The Nurse Informatics Trainer will be responsible for ensuring all required nurse documentation requirements set forth by CentroMed funding sources are trained within the EHR.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops in depth knowledge of the system capabilities, applications and processes to function effectively as an educator.
- Responsible for developing, implementing and providing EHR training for all CDB nursing staff. Monitors on-going training so as to ensure effective workflow including appropriate documentation within the EHR system so as to maximize revenue and assist in required clinical documentation.
- Educates and trains new and existing staff on EHR templates, reports, policy, and established performance measures (i.e., Uniform Data System (UDS), Meaningful Use (MU) and Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH). Works with staff to collect data for successful submission and payment of performance measures. Assists with compliance to budgetary and program requirements through the effective use of the EHR.
- Participates in the development of health informatics protocols as it relates to nurse training.
- Engages staff in participating in quality improvement activities related to EHR and assists in developing a culture of quality regarding the EHR.
- Works with team members within CentroMed Health (i.e., Information Technology (IT), Informatics, Front Desk, & Billing) to ensure concerns/issues are resolved.
- Provides telephonic troubleshooting guidance during operational hours.
- Creates and updates written EHR training materials for nursing staff and uploads to the employee intranet.
- Assists with ongoing development and implementation of EHR at all CentroMed sites.
- Must adhere to departmental standards in regard to HIPAA and other privacy issues.
- Participates in the agency’s CPI Program.
Performs other duties as required.
Performance will be evaluated by the Chief Medical Informatics Officer using the Performance Evaluation CDB Form No. 1006c (Rev. 2/94) wherein a satisfactory overall rating is considered as a minimally acceptable level of performance.
- Education: LVN, MA or related field is preferred.
- Experience: A minimum of 1 year of clinical experience is required. 6 months experience using an electronic health record system preferred
- Other: Bilingual/Bicultural (preferred); Capable of working well in a diverse team environment; ability to maintain a professional attitude and demeanor at all times including high pressure situations; must demonstrate problem solving skills. CPR Certification required.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Must be able to meet the attendance requirements of the position.
- Must not pose a threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
- Physical ability to lift up to 20 pounds unassisted.
- Must be able to deliver excellent customer service, externally and internally