IHC Bendix in South Bend, Indiana seeks a full-time Nurse Manager (RN). This is a salaried position with benefits. Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Prepares medical and immunization histories.
- Takes and records vital signs and other physical data.
- Makes nursing assessment of patient’s conditions.
- Follows standing orders in dispensing medications.
- Prepares patients for examination by the physician.
- Assists physician in examining room.
- Makes referrals as appropriate and necessary.
- Sets work schedules and assigns work tasks to nursing and family health workers.
- Supervises other clinic employees in the absence of the Clinic Manager.
- Orders, inventories, and is responsible for pharmaceutical, laboratory, and clinic supplies.
- Supervises and participates in the preparation of accurate client medical records.
- Provides orientation and in-service training to subordinates.
- Completes job reviews for subordinates.
- Develops and trains staff; continuously improves processes, service, and outcomes.
- Screens, hires, and orients employees; resolves conflicts;
- Evaluates employee performance; conducts periodic & annual performance assessments.
- Maintains appropriate staffing levels based on work demand seasonally and long-term.
- Works with department supervisors to adjust schedules, policies, procedures, and staff.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Nursing degree from an accredited school of nursing. Registered as a nurse in the state of Indiana. Experience in public health nursing, including supervisory experience. Spanish language skills preferred.