Position SummaryArizona Oncology Associates is looking for a Nurse Practitioner. Great opportunity to join a team that focuses on patient care. Located in Sunny Arizona, you will have the ability to enjoy small town living with big city amenities on top of a rewarding work/life balance.
The ideal candidate will have the following background and experience:
- Masters of Science in Nursing (MSN) from an accredited program for nursing education and successful completion of a Nurse Practitioner program.
- Post MSN experience in oncology nursing.
- RN state license and current registration with the State Board of Nursing in practicing state.
- Current state licensure as Nurse Practitioner.
- ACON preferred.
- Position is considering all levels of experience
- Provides primary care in collaborative joint practice with the physicians to oncology patients. Scope of responsibility includes expert practitioner, educator/teacher, care management, consultant, nurse researcher, and nurse leader. Supports and adheres to the US Oncology Compliance Program, to include the Code of Ethics and Business Standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates care for individual patients.
- Initiates and documents appropriate interventions; evaluates and records patient/family response within practice protocol; prescribes drug therapies per protocol/physician consultation.
- Assists physicians and performs procedures as needed; conducts patient assessments and provides physician with information prior to seeing the patient.
- Assesses patient/family needs and provides education.
- Promotes wellness and recommends community resources to meet patient and family needs.
- Promotes/provides staff education.
- Incorporates evidence-based research into clinical practice.
- Knowledgeable of reimbursement procedures and documentation requirements.
- Completes patient charge tickets.
- Provides case management for oncology clients and their families.
- Serves as a resource person for the nursing staff by providing information being studied in clinical trials.
- May supervise the activities of clinical nursing and support staff.
- May mentor new mid-level providers
As the largest cancer practice in Arizona, we are proud to provide advanced and compassionate Medical Oncology, Radiation Oncology, Gynecologic Oncology and Hematologic services. Our physicians and staff incorporate a multidisciplinary, personalized approach to treatment to enhance the patient experience by providing complete care in convenient, community-based locations.
We are proud to provide patients with access to the latest treatments, state-of-the-art technology, and an extensive research program. We believe it is beneficial to patients’ that these therapies are provided in a community setting, because it allows you to remain close to home and to your support system. Arizona Oncology physicians are supported by talented clinical staff that are sensitive to the needs of cancer patients and their caregivers.
United in Healing with The US Oncology Network
Arizona Oncology is united in healing with The US Oncology Network, one of the nation’s largest community-based cancer treatment and research networks focused on advancing cancer care in America. As an affiliate of The US Oncology Network, Arizona Oncology is united with more than 1,000 physicians and 10,000 cancer professionals nationwide.
Ready For Your Next Career Challenge? We’d Love to Hear from You!
If you possess the above qualifications and a desire to make a difference, we invite you to submit your resume and apply. In addition to a great career opportunity, we offer excellent benefits, a team environment, professional development, and the chance to be part of a nationwide network dedicated to fight the war against cancer.
Category: Advanced Practice Providers
The US Oncology Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.