As a Nursing Assistant, you will perform routine (patient care) duties and assists other nursing staff in the activities of daily living. Our beautiful facility is located on the west side of Evansville with gorgeous surroundings. Apply today to start your new rewarding career!
The following are just some duties our Nursing Assistants perform:
- Provides for patients' personal hygiene and activities of daily living
- Checks and reports vital signs and weights; checks and reports food/fluid intake and output as directed; performs and records sugar and acetone urine testing; collects and reports specimen collection. Obtains and returns supplies, medications and reports as needed.
- Answers call lights and patients' requests promptly; places call lights within reach of patients. Provides for and is attentive to the comfort needs of patients; reports patients' concerns, complaints or needs immediately.
- Observes patient for unusual symptoms or reactions and reports promptly and accurately to the nurse caring for the patient to assure professional assessment.
- Works effectively as a team member in the delivery and care of patients; assists in the training and orientation of new employees.
- Maintains good working relations among all nursing personnel and other employees through appropriate communication.
- Maintains a safe and attractive environment for patients and co-workers.
- Accompanies Sisters to doctor appointments as needed.
- Assists with activities, arts and crafts, and/or occupational therapy projects as directed.
To qualify, you must have:
- High school diploma or GED
- Effective communication skills
- Previous experience in a health care or long-term care facility preferred.
- A heart for others
Full Benefits available to those working 48+ hours biweekly:
- Flexible Spending & Health Savings Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Educational Assistance
- Personal Development & Wellness Programs
- Long Term & Short Term Disability
- PTO – Paid Time Off
- Jury Duty Pay
- Bereavement Pay
We offer competitive wages and an excellent benefit package. Send resume to:
Daughters of Charity Ministries
9200 New Harmony Rd.
Evansville, IN 47720
Attn: Amber Schiff, Human Resources Director
Fax resumes to 812-963-7659 or
email to: Amber.Schiff@doc.orgHelp