Kettering Health Network is a not-for-profit network of eight hospitals, and over 120 outpatient facilities serving southwest Ohio. Patients have access to high quality maternity care, state-of-the-art cancer fighting technology, Ohio’s leading heart hospital, as well as revolutionary brain and spine surgery. With nearly 12,000 employees and 2,100 physicians, Kettering Health Network is committed to transforming the healthcare experience with world class health services for every stage of life.
Responsibilities & Requirements
The Nursing Assistant (NA) serves as a member of the interdisciplinary team and is responsible for providing direct patient care under the supervision of a professional nurse. The NA performs nursing care skills that have been delegated by the licensed nurse. She/he plays an integral role in the patient care experience and both directly and indirectly impacts the perception of care. The Nursing Assistant reports to the clinical manager.
Applicants Must Have:
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Successful completion of Health Coordinator training.
- Successful completion of Nursing Assistant Orientation and/or an abbreviated Nursing Assistant orientation for student nurses
- One year experience as a nursing assistant in a hospital or a long term care facility.
- Student Nurses who have successfully completed their first clinical experience with documentation of skills from clinical faculty are exempt from the this requirement
Would Prefer Applicants Have:
- Proven effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Appropriate telephone etiquette
- Basic computer knowledge and keyboarding skills
- Customer service skills
- Able to multitask, prioritize and function in a high stress environment
- Certification in CPR