Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
· Performs nutrition assessments (within specified time frame) as requested by Program Nurse on patients whose nursing and/or physician assessment have revealed the need for nutritional assessment to identify patient needs, strengths and weaknesses.
· Formulates nutritional plans based on patients identified needs.
· Demonstrates knowledge of nutritional skills which assist the patient to reach a higher level of functioning.
· Plans, implements, and provides nutritional therapy groups as scheduled.
· Assists in the design of facility patient meal menus to assure compliance to nutritional standards.
· Demonstrates ability to document in the patient record in an accurate, concise, clear, legible, and organized manner that reflects assessment, interventions and plans.
· Provides Medical Director with requests for nutritional supplies and equipment as needed; promotes cost-containment by exercising care to prevent loss supplies.
· Provides pertinent information patient information based on nutritional assessment and group interactions to assist in the development of the Master Treatment Plan and provides input for Treatment Plan Updates and Reviews.
· Assists the patient(s) in developing measurable nutritional planning discharge goals and objectives
· Complies with facility policies and procedures.
· Participates in at least 75% of monthly provider meetings; responsible for obtaining information if not in attendance.
· Participates in committees as directed by the Medical Director.
· Local Candidates Only
· A minimum of 3-5 years’ work experience in a health care delivery system; preferably in a psychiatric care setting.