Job ID: 127445
Looking for a senior analyst to be part of the Business Intelligence team to capture, analyze, interpret and share data pertaining to the construction industry and overall economy. The OBS Business Intelligence Senior Analyst will lead the creation of several outputs and tools using diverse data sources related to trends and drivers impacting the construction industry. As such, this person will be responsible for informing the organization on key issues and trends pertaining to the industry and Oldcastle businesses. This person will have the opportunity to interact with different business units and several levels of the management team to assist in data-driven decision making.
- Provide ongoing market knowledge by capturing, monitoring, synthesizing and sharing data
- Create and manage distribution of biweekly and quarterly Construction Update one-pagers using data from several public and proprietary sources
- Provide analytical support to annual forecast development and accuracy
- Responsible for collection, preparation and management of data resources, leveraging analytic and data preparation tools
- Digitize and automate collection of all construction data resources: public and proprietary
- Develop and maintain enterprise-wide Tableau dashboards that communicate OBS Business Intelligence data and insights
- Conduct data analysis and develop market insights related to the Construction industry and as requested by OBS and Oldcastle employees, such as:
- Market-specific Construction reviews: business intelligence on market as a whole, including construction end-market trends and the “players” in that market
- Strategic account summaries/profiles: review of the “players” in the market to support strategic account selections
- Prepare and present research and insights to satisfy ad hoc requests
- Contribute content to BuildingSolutions.com
- Continuously look for new data sources and interact with data vendors and providers as needed
- Attend online and in-person events and conferences related to construction industry trends and outlook
- Foster relationships with key internal players in sales, finance, development, operations, etc.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and the ability to produce C-Suite communications
- Strong analytical background, possibly with consulting experience
- Strong project management skills with ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully
- Strong action orientation; take action in a proactive manner
- Interpersonal Savvy – Relates well to all levels of people in and out of the organization including senior executives and other internal stakeholders; Builds appropriate rapport with diverse management team; Builds constructive and effective relationships.
- Strong business acumen combined with a fluency in topical news and economy
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access); experience with Salesforce, Tableau, Alteryx a plus
- Ability to travel for special meetings and events
- Bachelor’s degree Business, Economics, Management, Data Science, Engineering, Construction or related field.
- 2+ years’ experience in analytical, consulting or project management role.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau (certification a plus) and with other data analysis tools such as Alteryx, R, etc.
- Any relevant experience in analytical / consulting role or in building products / construction industry is a plus.
- Dealing with Ambiguity
- Business Acumen
- Customer Focus
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Informing/Communication Skills
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.