Over the Road (OTR) CDL Class A Truck Driver
A valid Class A Commercial driver’s license is required for this position.
JKC Trucking is the largest refrigerated LTL trucking company in Chicago. For more than 40 years JKC trucking has specialized in moving temperature sensitive freight such as fresh produce, perishables, candy and frozen product etc. Transportation services include: LTL, long haul truckload service, short haul regional service, expedited truckload service and dedicated service to meet the individual needs of our customers. A JKC our driver is not just behind the wheel; our drivers not only deliver final goods to our customer’s businesses safely, efficiently and free of damage. But they are also involved in observing of loading and unloading of freight as well. An JKC driver is also a key part of our customer service team, as they frequently interface with customers, building our relationship with them and driving future business.
Our Job Purpose:
Transports and delivers temperature controlled food products by operating a tractor/trailer truck.
From the Midwest to the entire West Coast & South West
* Determines condition of vehicle by inspecting vehicle before and after use; logging inspection; reporting requirements.
* Delivers food product to destination by identifying destination; selecting route; driving the vehicle.
* Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment supplies; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
* Maintains safe vehicle and conditions and protects load by complying with organization policies and procedures and highway rules and regulations.
* Conserves resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
*Ability to Read interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instruction, and procedure documents.
*Understand Shipping and receiving.
* Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
*Safe Driving Record & History
*Possess and maintain a valid Class A Commercial driver’s license
*Must have a minimum of 12 months driving experience
*Must be 21 years of age or older
*Pass DOT drug test and have no prior positive tests or refusals
*Pass DOT Physical
Energy Level, Deadline-Oriented, Dependability, Persistence, Time Management, Customer Focus, Safety Management, Equipment Maintenance, Scheduling, Map Reading, Reporting Skills
*Average 4,000+ miles per week
*Weekly Home Time
*United Health Care (Health Insurance) & Met Life (Dental)
*Year-Round consistent work at JKC
*Room for career advancement
*Daily support and back daily by Family owned company & Team
*Company owned trucks
* Newer updated Fleet