American Dairy Association Indiana, Inc.
Job Title:Office Assistant
Reports to: The Assistant to the CEO
- Five years experience working in an office environment.
- Proficiency in MS Office with expertise in Microsoft Word, Publisher, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and dedication to completing projects timely.
- Attention to Detail.
- High School Diploma or equivalent with additional business courses preferred.
Job Role: Primary receptionist and greeter of visitors. Provides clerical assistance to all staff. Monitors inventory and prepares and ships promotional/educational material orders.
- Perform tasks associated with the front office assistant which includes answering calls, greeting guests and accepting deliveries.
- Oversee filing of accounts payable invoices and correspondence.
- Prepare bank deposits.
- Confirm vendor invoices have been processed timely.
- Assume responsibility for maintenance of office equipment, including copy machines, postage machines and UPS shipping system.
- Perform errands as directed.
- Distributes incoming mail.
- Reconcile all UPS & postage charges at month’s end for accounting purposes.
- Invoice customers as needed.
- Update appropriate mailing lists.
- Maintain office supplies.
- Assemble presentation folders for board meetings.
- Accept, prepare and ship orders of promotional products and nutritional materials.
- Manage record of inventory for promotional materials as well as nutritional printed materials. Assist in the search and creation of new materials.
- Assist staff in preparing for events i.e. preparing binders, name tags, registration facilitation and gathering event materials.
- Assemble materials needed for district farmer meetings.
- Assist other staff as necessary.
- Oversee preparation & distribution of coupons for the Indiana State Fair Dairy Bar, as well as invoice partners as needed.
- Schedule mascot costume reservations and monitor cleaning of costume.
- Keep reception area, mail room and warehouse neat & orderly.
- All other duties as assigned.
Personal: Honesty, integrity, initiative, dependability, ability to organize time, ability to work in a friendly cooperative and flexible manner with staff, supervision and business contacts.