Job ID: 139547
P.J. Keating Company, a CRH company, is a leading manufacturer of aggregate and HMA products and Paving and Construction in Massachusetts and Rhode Island. We operate aggregate and Hot Mix Asphalt (HMA) production facilities in Acushnet, Dracut, and Lunenburg, Massachusetts as well as Cranston, Rhode Island. Our modern facilities, veteran paving crews, experienced construction management team and large investment in plants and equipment make us one of the largest and most efficient producers in the state of Massachusetts as well as one of only two RIDOT approved stone suppliers in the state of Rhode Island.
Are you looking for opportunities and benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel? Then P.J. Keating Company and CRH is the company for you! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today!
Individual performs a wide variety of clerical responsibilities within the Purchasing function including a large volume of data entry.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Enter purchase order requests from construction and plants and equipment personnel in the P2P system Proactis.
- Work closely with field personnel through email or phone to attain purchase order requests and signed packing slips.
- Receive on the purchase orders in the system.
- Maintain well-kept files of requests, purchase orders and packing slips for auditing purposes.
- Work closely with the Accounts Payable Department.
- Adhere to any and all state and federal regulations, if applicable, as set forth by the US Department of Transportation (DOT), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA), or any other regulatory agency.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Report to the assigned job site in uniform and ready to begin work at the designated start time.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Environmental, Health & Safety Manual.
- Strict adherence to P.J. Keating policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Manual.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to communicate sufficiently to be able to convey and exchange ideas, and to give and receive detailed verbal instructions.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Individual must possess strong computer skills and be proficient with Windows, Excel and Word.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This chart outlines the physical requirements necessary to perform the duties of this job.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
0 – 10 lbs
10 – 25 lbs
25 – 50 lbs
50 – 100 lbs
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to work on a computer using fingers and hands to make key strokes. The employee frequently is required to sit, stand, and walk.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
This chart outlines the potential work environment the employees may be exposed to while performing the duties of this job.
Exposed to Noise
Exposed to High Heat
Working with Others
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
P.J. Keating Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.