- Position Summary
- Provide instructional support services to faculty and instructional staff in the Adjunct Faculty Center.
- Essential Functions
- Assist faculty and staff to support instructional programs.
- Communicate with the instructors to meet the needs of the students and mission of the college.
- Perform routine filing and word processing, prepare spreadsheet, run reports, photocopy, fax, scanning and proofreading documents for classroom use.
- Help maintain supply inventory and cleanliness of work stations
- Assist with monitoring student arrivals and directing them to the appropriate faculty member. Answer telephones and provide excellent customer service to callers (respond to questions, redirect phone calls when appropriate, take messages, etc.).
- Troubleshoot and maintain office equipment.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Minimum Qualifications
Conditions Of Employment
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Clerical and/or customer service experience.
- Intermediate experience with word processing and spreadsheet software.
The Successful Candidate Must Demonstrate
- Successfully pass a criminal history background check prior to employment.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Excellent customer service skills; including building and maintaining internal/external customer satisfaction and the ability to problem solve.
- An appreciation of diversity and the benefits of a commitment to cultural awareness and sensitivity in the workplace.
- Ethics, integrity and sound professional judgment.
- Polite telephone etiquette. Ability to handle multiple phone lines.
- Become familiar with campus resources and policies, campus mail, and Outlook.
- Excellent customer service, oral and written skills.
- Ability to follow directions and meet the demands of the department.
- Application Process
- Application Materials & ProcedureComplete application packages must include the following1. Tacoma Community College online application.2. Cover letter and Resume.Terms of EmploymentThis is a temporary part time hourly position scheduled to work varied hours during the weekday afternoons and early evenings, up to 18 hours per week. The salary is $12.00 per hour. Flexibility in scheduling is required to meet department needs. A collective bargaining agreement exists and membership in the Washington Federation of State Employees or payment of a service fee may be required.
Tacoma Community College values diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer and EducatorTacoma Community College provides equal opportunity in education and employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, creed, religion, or status as a veteran of war. Prohibited sex discrimination includes sexual harassment (unwelcome sexual conduct of various types). Provides reasonable accommodations for qualified students, employees, and applicants with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Federal Rehabilitation Act. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Bill Saraceno, Title II and Title IX, 253-566-5050; Dolores Haugen, Section 504 Officer, 253-566-6090. Tacoma Community College is a smoke-free/drug free environment. This recruitment announcement does not reflect the entire job description and can be changed and or modified without notice.
Tacoma Community College
6501 S 19th St Bldg. 14, Tacoma WA 98466 www.tacomacc.edu/careers
Benefits not applicable.
- 01Which best describes your level of education?
02How much clerical and/or customer service experience do you possess?
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Some College.
- Associates degree from an accredited college or university.
- Bachelors degree or higher from an accredited college or university.
03Please describe your clerical or customer service experience.04Which of the following best describes your level of proficiency with word processing and spreadsheet programs such as Microsoft Word and Excel?
- Less than one year.
- More than one year and less than two years.
- More than two years and less than three years.
- Over three years.